• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pgordon
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2004

Swish Powerglyde curtain motors

I have a pair of Swish Powerglyde curtain motors, a photo of which can be seen here... http://www.bdlhome.com/himages/spg.jpg

These were bought for me by another list member a couple of years ago, when I was trying to suss out what curtain control I was going to use, and these just happened to be part of a Homebase clear-out...

They are marked up as originally priced at £90 each, then reduced to £45 each, which is what I paid for them (plus the postage to send them to me...)

These are pretty darn heavy & sturdy-looking (and feeling) motors, - they certainly give the impression that they'd deal with just about any weight of curtains. They are the type that need to loop round the pull-cord. They aren't automated "per se", - they just plug into the mains (plug & lead is attached), but they do reverse direction on each power-cycle, so could be put on an appliance module to be controlled by X10. - Each X10 ON-OFF command sequence would open or close alternately.

Since I've now gone with a Silent Gliss setup, I don't need them anymore, - (I've never actually used them) - they are still sealed in their original blister packaging.

I only want what I paid for them, so £45 each plus buyer pays P&P to wherever they need sending, or I'm happy for buyer to drop round & collect from my house if preferred (East London).

I'm away on holiday now for a week, so I wont respond to any offers till I get back, but whan I return, first offer here secures...

Cheers.

Paul G.
  • Stefno
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2004

Re: Swish Powerglyde curtain motors

Still available :?:

Comment

• pgordon
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2004

Oh yes indeedy, they are still available, and still for sale....

Not been much interest unfortunately....

Comment

• Sheepdip
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Mar 2004

Paul,

are these still for sale? If so what sort of size are they and do they run of the beaded type pulls?

Rob

Comment

• pauld
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Sep 2004

If the Powerglydes are still available (?) I'll definitely buy them as is. I'm already using one so I don't have any questions!

Comment

• awdennis
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by pgordon
            I have a pair of Swish Powerglyde curtain motors, a photo of which can be seen here... http://www.bdlhome.com/himages/spg.jpg

These were bought for me by another list member a couple of years ago, when I was trying to suss out what curtain control I was going to use, and these just happened to be part of a Homebase clear-out...

They are marked up as originally priced at £90 each, then reduced to £45 each, which is what I paid for them (plus the postage to send them to me...)

These are pretty darn heavy & sturdy-looking (and feeling) motors, - they certainly give the impression that they'd deal with just about any weight of curtains. They are the type that need to loop round the pull-cord. They aren't automated "per se", - they just plug into the mains (plug & lead is attached), but they do reverse direction on each power-cycle, so could be put on an appliance module to be controlled by X10. - Each X10 ON-OFF command sequence would open or close alternately.

Since I've now gone with a Silent Gliss setup, I don't need them anymore, - (I've never actually used them) - they are still sealed in their original blister packaging.

I only want what I paid for them, so £45 each plus buyer pays P&P to wherever they need sending, or I'm happy for buyer to drop round & collect from my house if preferred (East London).

I'm away on holiday now for a week, so I wont respond to any offers till I get back, but whan I return, first offer here secures...

Cheers.

Paul G.

Comment

• awdennis
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by awdennis
              Originally posted by pgordon

Cheers.

Paul G.

Comment

• awdennis
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Dec 2004

Does anyone have a K500W Powerglyde for Sale, please?
                If so, I am very interested.
                Please reply immediately to:
                awdennis@12dean.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• pgordon
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Jan 2004

Powerglydes - sold

Originally posted by awdennis
                  Does Paul G. still have his Powerglydes for Sale?
                  If so, I am very interested.
                  Please reply immediately to:
                  awdennis@12dean.freeserve.co.uk
                  DOH!

I knew there was something I'd forgotten to do...

Both units have been sold, so this thread can be closed/archived/deleted, or whatever happens to buy/sell posts after they have been bought/sold....

Paul G.

Comment

• dongordon
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Mar 2005

Do you still have the Swish Powerglyde motors?
                    Don Gordon

Comment

Working...
                    X