x10 Security console sensors with other consoles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davebuk
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2006

x10 Security console sensors with other consoles.

Hi all

I have started setting up some x10 lighting etc and have some sensors from an x10 security console that does not work. I was wondering if anyone knew if the sensors would be compatable with the Maxi controller SC9000 (http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/494) or the Visonic PowerMax console (http://www.homesecuritystore.com/det...s/powermax.htm). The sensors, i believe, use an encrypted RF at 315MHz and 433MHz. See: (http://www.safestnet.com/english/Pro...?ProductID=122) for some specs on the sensors.

I was told that different sensors sets might have a diferent ID coding so would only work with a certain type of console. I could buy an SC9000 console and try them, but I would want to be able to return the console if they didn't. The people at Cyber select might be able to help on this?

Thanks for any info.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: x10 Security console sensors with other consoles.

Its very hard to say yes or no without knowing more about the console you have, which doesn't work.
    Just because a sensor works on 433Mhz in the UK or 315 in the US doesn't mean its compatible with just any console of the same frequency.
    The Visonic range of PowerMax systems use a digital coding technique called PowerCode. So unles the sensor says on it PowerCode or similar then it won't work with a Visonic PowerMAx.
    Why not write to write to the people at www.safestnet.com and ask them.
    if its compatible.
    If I had to say a console then it could be the old SC2800 X10 console. Don't know if the new SC9000 is compatible with the old type of sensors. Lets Automate have the console for sale http://www.letsautomate.com/10859.cfm
    Sorry its not much help.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• davebuk
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2006

Thanks for the response.

The duff console is a: SC7001E (http://www.x10bus.com/sort.asp?sort_id=19). I can send the whole lot back for a refund but he cheapest postage I could find was about £50. I have already paid £30 to get it here. The supplier have offered me a possible deal where I keep the console but thats in negotiation. I have been in contact with the factory who supplied it who will be suppling PowerMax instead. They said they would try and test the old sensors with the new console (we shall see). I have also e-mailed safestnet and am waiting for a reply. I e-mailed cyberselect as well, but have not heard back from them either!

I will have a look at the SC2800 as well.

Cheers.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Personally I would go for the PowerMax. I install PowerMax plus alarms. Granted the X10 control is a bit limited but in most cases is noramlly good enough especially if you link it to an automation controller such as HomeVision.
        As a word of precaution, I never use X10 to disarm an Alarm as its not very secure. Arming is ok by X10.
        Good luck
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• bobsmith
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2006

Following this thread...
          I am about to purchase a sc9000 panel and would love to mount this panel away from any of the building's entrance's. I have asked the suppliers if they supply (wired or wireless) a "remote numeric keypad" so i can tap in a alarm on and off code - he said no. I am not put off by this and I fancy making something myself. Before I reinvent the wheel has anyone done this succesfully or got any ideas. Thanx
          P.S. I dont want to use a keyfob nor the wireless remotes in circulation at the moment. This alarm needs to be armed and disarmed by a numeric code.

Regards.

Comment

• davebuk
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Mar 2006

I'm waiting to hear back form a few others about the use of the old sensors with the PowerMax console. I will post my findings for reference when I get them. The plan is to be able to use a simple x10 signal to control a macro to switch on extra lights or sounders, using the x10 to computer interface module with built in memory.

I heard back from Safestnet, but all they sent me was some prices. Nothing about encryption IDs or coding?! More reaserch I think.

Ref: the numeric code function. I would imagine the phone responder control is fairly secure? In this day n age, most people have mobiles. I understand you can control the alarm (arm/disarm) from a phone. An ideal secure, remote, numeric (using of the pin code) remote? You would also have a log (on your landline bill) of who connected to the system and at what time and date.

Comment

• bobsmith
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Mar 2006

oooo! I never thought of that - thanx.

Comment

• davebuk
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Mar 2006

Just to follow up. I bought the Safe Guard system that uses the SC9000 console. The sensors from Safestnet do NOT work with this console.

Cheers all.

Comment

Working...
                X