• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwball
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2006

Quick macro question

I have a lamp module which is timed to come on at dusk and go off at 12:00pm. The lamp module along with an internal chime is also set to come on using a macro linked to a motion sensor.

Is it possible to get the chime to sound all day when motion is detected but make the lamp only come on after dusk. I want the chime to be used as an early warning when someone is near the front door. But obviously don't want the lamp to come on during the day. Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Quick macro question

To do this you will need a more elaborate controller. Since you want the chime to be active all the time day or night and only the light when its night.
    I'm pretty sure this can't be done with the active home software.
    For a stand alone controller you could look at is the Ocelot which is about 170 pounds. The programming language isn't to everyones taste. I found it a bit of a pain, and I'm used to programming in a ladder logic style language for industrial automation controllers. You will also need an XM10U interface, and possibly a mains adapter for the Ocelot.
    Intellihome do the Ocelot for 249 euros and this includes free shipping. So is possibly the cheapest place to get it from. If you order before 14:30am 50% of the time you get it the next day, if not then the day after. Unless its a Friday of course.
    When I started with HA I came up against a similar problem. I went down the Homeseer route to start with but this needs your PC on, but it can use your exsisting X10 controller. Then I decided to go non pc and bought an Ocelot, wasn't that happy with it. (It is a good product and is very reliable, it now controls a friends security lighting system). I eventually went with the Homevision controller which I think as a stand alone controller can't be beaten. Its not cheap, but it is the nearest I could get to my Homeseer set up in a stand alone device. Homevision website is www.csi3.com , Ocelot website is www.appdig.com . Homeseer is at www.homeseer.com
    All the systems mentioned have very good forums and the guys there are willing to help.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• jwball
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2006

Re: Quick macro question

Originally posted by toscal
      Since you want the chime to be active all the time day or night and only the light when its night.
      Spot on, that's exactly what I'm trying to do.

Back to the drawing board then.

Comment

Working...
      X