• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwball
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2006

MS13 Field of vision

Does anyone have a diagram of the area covered by the MS13. I'm trying to get it avoid detecting our cats walking down the garden. The sensor is mounted at 5ft and it's parallel to the ground. Need to find some way of blocking anything below about 3ft from the ground.
  • Jimll
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2006

Re: MS13 Field of vision

Either place it a bit higher or put a bit of tape along the bottom quarter of the window.
    James Clabon

Comment

• --Richard
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2005

Yep, take a look at http://info.spruitnet.nl/automation/ms13.html

Regards,

Richard
      ----
      More home automation on http://info.spruitnet.nl

Comment

• jwball
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jimll
        Either place it a bit higher or put a bit of tape along the bottom quarter of the window.

Am I correct in assuming the middle third of the sensor in the picture detects directly ahead, and the top and bottom thirds detect above and below?

If so I think covering the visible bottom third should stop detection below the height of the sensor.

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

I think the top part of the lens actually makes the beam point down, focusing it near to the sensor. From what I can remember about these sensors, they have a range of about 5 to 5.5m at a 45 degree angle downwards, and about 10 to 12m at 0 degrees.
          I've installed some outdoor PIR sensors that came with little blocking clips so you could actually block off bits of the lens. Black tape or for a more permanent solution black nail varnish works quite well. But experiment with tape first.
          IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
          X