• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smarthomey
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2006

Help needed with DIN rail enclosure

I'm kitting out a new office space in my house to include a data network, entertainment via ceiling speakers and some automation (control lighting and blinds etc). I have a node zero type of cupboard in the room where all the cables converge.

Currently I have an X10 dimming module (LD11) to dim the 8 LV halogens (total load 400w) and need a DIN rail enclosure for the automation modules (dimming and so on), can anyone recommend something suitable?

Note that I have already tried an X10-specific enclosure (8 way) but my electrician wanted to bring the 8 lighting cables into proper terminals, and the X10 enclosure was not available with any kind of terminal bar.

Also I'm confused by the terminology used for the terminal bars with these enclosures, for example:

"5 x 16 + 6 x10mm(squared)
    13 connections"

Can someone please help explain what this means?
    And for an LD11 dimming module, what size type/size of terminal bar would I need (given 8 lighting cables coming into the module) ?

I'm just using X10 to get started, I may upgrade to something more robust in the future e.g. Clipsal so the enclosure does not have to be X10 specific (and probably shouldn't be).

Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • FrankMcAlinden
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2004

Re: Help needed with DIN rail enclosure

Hi

13 connections"

I think this means that the bar can take 5 cables sized at 16mm2 (mains type wire) and also 6 10mm2 cables.....Bit overkill i would think for lighting..

Nip over to the cbus shop as they have some nice enclosures which should be suitable for future upgrading to CBUS ....Theres a link at the bottom of the forum i think....or on the maain page...

HTH
    Frank
    Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
    http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

• FrankMcAlinden
      Automated Home Guru
      • Feb 2004

Hi

13 connections"

I think this means that the bar can take 5 cables sized at 16mm2 (mains type wire) and also 6 10mm2 cables.....Bit overkill i would think for lighting..

Nip over to the cbus shop as they have some nice enclosures which should be suitable for future upgrading to CBUS ....Theres a link at the bottom of the forum i think....or on the main page...

HTH
      Frank

Comment

• smarthomey
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2006

Frank

Thanks for the advice - very helpful. Have taken a look at CbusShop and the dedicated Cbus enclosures look like a good bet. I imagine I can still put X10 modules in there for now as DIN rail is standard regardless of the enclosure?

Thanks again
        John

Comment

• FrankMcAlinden
          Automated Home Guru
          • Feb 2004

Hi John

I would imagine they are standard ....But best to ask the question when ordering.....

HTH
          Frank

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

The enclosures by Hager look good, I have one in my garage. Top row is for the breakers and the bottom row has LD11's on it for the lights in the office.
            The reference number of mine is FD22 model range is the VEGA D
            Don't know if its available in the UK though. It should be, but might be called something else. Just had a quick look on the UK websife for Hager and they do the VEGA range. But not the model I have. Take a look at the encloures on their e-catalogue you might find something you like.
            IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
            X