Thread: Advice on x10 starter kits

Automated Home Lurker

Default Advice on x10 starter kits

Hi,

I am looking into buying an x10 starter kit for my partner as a birthday present. I have looked at simply automate as a supplier and wondered if anyone could give me advice on any other suppliers and the best starter kits.

:)

Default Re: Advice on x10 starter kits

Laser also do some starter kits...

http://www.laser.com/?page=shop/flyp...20562b4ef77f3&

But I'd recommend getting one of the computer kits, like this one...

http://www.laser.com/?page=shop/flyp...20562b4ef77f3&

Cheers

Ed.

I've used Simply Automate a couple of times and have always found them very good. Email response time is very good and they have always answered my questions. One product I ordered was out of stock and they kept me informed as to what was happening and when they expected to send it out to me.
    The Starter Kit that Eddie recommends is the one I started with. But within two weeks I had already ordered 2 more modules. I would go for one of each module, one appliance and one lighting.

Automated Home Lurker

Thank you for you advice, i'll look into the starter kit with laser. Is it easy enough to buy additional modules and ad on's i.e are they all compatable with each other?

sorry if this is a basic question but i've only just started looking into this.

:D

Quote Originally Posted by miya
    Thank you for you advice, i'll look into the starter kit with laser. Is it easy enough to buy additional modules and ad on's i.e are they all compatable with each other?

sorry if this is a basic question but i've only just started looking into this.

All the X10 equipment will be compatable with each other, some units have more functionality than others but they all work together.

Cheers

Ed.