Thread: Newbie looking for help

Automated Home Lurker

Default Newbie looking for help

Hi there, I am a newbie to all this

I have just bought a 25 year old brick built house with solid walls and was interested in setting up a system using cat5 or something to share AV and internet access among around 6-8 rooms. I would also like to place speaker outlets in various rooms as well that I can use independently or as part of the homenetwork - e.g. I can plug speaker outlets from an amp into this and use speakers for this and/or send the same music to a number of rooms...

Any recommendations or ideas on costs? Want to be able to play mp3/mpeg4 independently in a number of rooms, share sky (inc remote control) plus internet access...

Help! 8O
    Technophilewho isn't particularly competent but eager to learn!!!

Default Re: Newbie looking for help

Have a look at the Abitana range of products. www.abitana.com the site doesn't work to well with firefox browser. Their UK distributor is at www.minitran.co.uk
    Another product is that by Square D http://www.konnect2.net/lexcom.htm
    Vex can give you more info on this system.
    If you want more info on the Abitana system and what it can do, let me know.

Automated Home Lurker

Default Re: Newbie looking for help

Toscal, thanks for the response.

Based on my spec above, roughly how much are we talking for a centralised PC, CD player, DVD player and SKY HD box for example, all accessible from each room (6-8 rooms)?
    Technophilewho isn't particularly competent but eager to learn!!!