Thread: C-BUS Wiring, Someone to do install

Automated Home Lurker

Default C-BUS Wiring, Someone to do install

Hi all,

When I bought my my place 2 years ago I had to have it rewired. In an attempt to think ahead I had the wiring done in a way that I thought would make it easy to install automated lighting in the future. However, now that I reveiw it I think I may have done it wrong.

All the wiring is under the stairs. The are three DIN enclosures with with seperate feeds from the fuse box, each enclosure has a junction spiltting the single feed into 8. There is a seperate cable from each light in the house to one of these junction boxes. This bit seems to go ok, as each could house a CBUS dimmer unit... right?

The bit I am most unsure about is I have a seperate cat 5 cable runs from each light swtich to a location under the stairs. Is this a problem? Should they have been daisy chained?

As long as my cabling isn't wrong as to require rewiring again I want to fit the system now. Does anyone know a C-BUS installer for north london to do the job?

Thanks so much for any help,
    Tas.

Default Re: C-BUS Wiring, Someone to do install

You should be able to use your star wiring fine for CBus. It's not that fussy and can even use a combination of star and daisy chain. Some good info here...

http://www.cbus-shop.com/info.php?page=starting

You can find UK smart home installers in your area by using our search facility here...

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modul...name=installer

M.

Automated Home Lurker

Default Re: C-BUS Wiring, Someone to do install

Thats good news for me... Thanks very much for the info!

Automated Home Lurker

How did you get on with your install, did you get a reasonably priced contractor?

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Tas,

Are you still looking for an installer?

As i would be happy to give you a price. i am also working in the area in just over a week.

Ben Addison

Ben Addison Ltd (electrical Contractors)

www.benaddison.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    Hi all,

When I bought my my place 2 years ago I had to have it rewired. In an attempt to think ahead I had the wiring done in a way that I thought would make it easy to install automated lighting in the future. However, now that I reveiw it I think I may have done it wrong.

All the wiring is under the stairs. The are three DIN enclosures with with seperate feeds from the fuse box, each enclosure has a junction spiltting the single feed into 8. There is a seperate cable from each light in the house to one of these junction boxes. This bit seems to go ok, as each could house a CBUS dimmer unit... right?

The bit I am most unsure about is I have a seperate cat 5 cable runs from each light swtich to a location under the stairs. Is this a problem? Should they have been daisy chained?

As long as my cabling isn't wrong as to require rewiring again I want to fit the system now. Does anyone know a C-BUS installer for north london to do the job?

Thanks so much for any help,
    Tas.