• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimDandy
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2006

I have a problem with distance.

I am wanting to pickup my cameras from a long distance from my warehouse to my office in a differant building about 500 to 600 feet away but to I can only think of could get stolen or broken by kids . Any help would be great . Thank You .
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: I have a problem with distance.

What cameras do you have. There are long range wireless cameras available, that have a range of about 500m but they are not cheap. I know that it is possible to make you own directional antena to increase range. Just do a Google on how to do this.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• JimDandy
      Automated Home Lurker
      • May 2006

The carmera models are XC10A's .If anyone could help me with someway to build or buy an extender for these I would be thankfull.

Comment

• UKAutomation
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2006

Hi JimDandy,

Unfortunately the X10 cameras don't have anywhere near that kind of range, and I've not seen a booster for them.
        You couldn't use a wireless video sender as they also don't have the range required.

The solution I'd look at, although not cheap, would be to pick up an Axis wired network camera:

And then look at beaming the signal back to the house with directional wireless networking equipment such as the products from Buffalo:

Namely some kind of access point coupled with an aerial like this:

You should be able to get a fairly stable wireless network if you're using directional equipment...

Otherwise, dig a trench and drop out a COAX or CAT5 line to your warehouse - cheaper, but a pain in the rear end!
        UK Automation - UK Home Automation suppliers
        Free delivery on orders over £200!

Comment

Working...
        X