• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonix
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • May 2006

CM12 Newbie Help

I've just bought a CM12 computer interface (serial Port) from ebay. I didn't get any manuals or software.

I've installed Harmony Lite, and ActiveHome 1.42 but can't get anythign to work with it. Anyone know what could be wrong?

I'm a bit worried that I've bought a dud, so any help woould be appreciated.

BTW I've also put in new batteries.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: CM12 Newbie Help

Have you told active home what serial port you are using.
    Sometimes unplugging the CM12 from the mains and then plugging it back in. You could also try taking the batteries out for a while and putting them back in. The batteries are only there to backup the clock in the unit.
    When you run the ActiveHome software do you have anything else running that could be using the same serial port. Also is the Active home bridge icon displayed on the bottom right of your PC. Are you able to check the serial lead that came with the unit, as this could be faulty.
    Are you running XP with service pack 2 by any chance as there are a few issues with the serial version of the CM12. You may want to buy the USB cable for it and give that a go. The usb cable has a built in interface. As both the serial and USB versions of the CM12 are identical.
    For manuals and sofware try here http://www.intellihome.be/english/so...ex.asp?menu=12
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• sonix
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • May 2006

hi, thanks for all your help.

I am running Windows XP SP2, think this may be the cause of my problems. How can I get around this? Where can I get a Serial to USB converter or a usb cable from?

Thanks.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

You can buy them from here www.intellihome.be then just do a search for CM-USB cable . They are 19.95 euros plus delivery etc.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• sonix
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • May 2006

Hi I've sent the unit back and got a refund.

Is there any other alternatives to getting a CM12/11?

Comment

Working...
          X