• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • al_lan
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2006

powermax+ security by visonic

In trying to set up remote control by telephone, the instructions start by saying dial the powermax + telephone no. Does this mean my home number, or is there another number, or one I need to program?
    Thanks for any info about this, I feel kind of dense to not be able to figure this out. I have found the manuals really tedious to understand.
    However, the power max+ otherwise seems to be working fine, I've had it since last Christmas
  • Darbyweb
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2004

Re: powermax+ security by visonic

Manuals are certainly Crap - we re-wrote them for our guys with a simple set of press 1 ret ret ret type setup to make it easy

Yes just dial into it using your home phone number.

Make sure the system is setup to receive incoming calls.

Dean
    ----------------
    CIS Integrator
    www.rolec.net
    ----------------

Comment

• al_lan
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2006

Thanks.
      Right now, it doesn't seem to take incoming calls. Is this set-up instruction in the users guide or the installers guide? Also I have an answering machine.
      Thanks
      Allan

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Hi I also install Powermax+ alarms. And have to agree the manuals aren't the best.
        I'm out of the office at the moment so I can't check the manual. But I'm pretty sure you have to ring your number then hang up then immediately ring again, then the powermax will answer. Can't remember if you can set the number of rings or not. I guess this is so that fax and answermachine won't interfere with the system.
        Good luck.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• al_lan
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jan 2006

Thanks for the tips. I'm still stumpedd on how to tell if my powermax+ accepts incoming calls. It will call out because it has notified me of an alarm event.
          But when I call home, ring twice and call back, it doesn't answer.
          Thanks
          Alan

Comment

Working...
          X