• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osprey
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2005

19" rack supplier

I need to source a 19" rack, and want one with the inners that can swivel ... as I won't be able to get behind it ... I have seen some small cabs, with a glass front door (nor really necessary for me) and the mounting frame within the cabinet can swivel on one side, allowing neat access to wire up.

Anybody got any suitable suppliers, had a look through the catalogues I have at home (CPC etc. ) and nothing suitable listed.

A 10U cabinet should be big enough.

Will also need to buy a mix of patch panels - any particularly good value supplier ?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: 19" rack supplier

Take a look at Minitran they have a wide range of enclosures from wall mount to floor standing ones in a variety of heights. They also cater for all your other networking needs as well.
    I've used drawer mounts in the past to mount equipment. This allows easy access to the back of the equipment for cabling. You can even get special cable trays designed to fit with the drawers so you don-t get your cables caught every time you pull out the equipment.
    Minitran is at www.minitran.co.uk
    you might want to try RS at http://rswww.com
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• osprey
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2005

Thanks

Comment

• TimH
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2004

You could also give Mills a try (www.millsltd.co.uk) I don't have my catalogue to hand but I think you need to look at the "2-Section Wall Box" style.

The website is ok, but it's probably probably best to request a catalogue as well as they do a lot of useful stuff :-)

For the "ultimate" in racking, check out http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/main.htm and scroll down to "19" SLIDE OUT EQUIPMENT RACKS" :-)

If you're not bothered about the patch panels being new, eBay is usually a good source.

HTH,

Tim.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

• osprey
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2005

Thanks ... I'll request a catalogue

Comment

• andeehunt
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Mar 2010

Hi osprey,

It's been four years and a long ago you would have got a rack for you. In future if you would be looking for the racks, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
            Flooring

Comment

Working...
            X