• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesc
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2006

PC interface help? Home automation question

HI, I'm a bit confused please help.
    I have a pc and want to control lights and garage doors.

I understand I need software for the pc but what do I need to interface between light controls ( I was looking at Rako) and to control the garage door.
    should it be some sort of control box to send Rf/ir signals? what Pc interface do I need.

thanks,
  • Jimll
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2006

Re: PC interface help? Home automation question

For rako I believe you would need a Rako RAV232 RS232 -> RF Interface although there are different versions including a USB version.
    I would suggest checking with whatever software you are using to see what devices are supported.
    James Clabon

Comment

• vex
      Automated Home Guru
      • Feb 2005

Rako make an RF to IR unit and also an RF to Contact Closure module, which should be perfect for triggering the garage door without the need for the PC.

WRT PC Control, The do make several versions, there is an older RS232 version, its new USB replacement and also \ new bidirectional RS232 module that will not only send Rako control signals but also now receive them.

This now means that with a little bit of programming, from a single button press on a Rako keypad you can set you lights and get your PC to start doing something! (Start and Play music for example)
      www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
      NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

Working...
      X