• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwired
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2006

RF receiver for the Visonic Powermax

Hi All,
    I have been testing the first beta version of the RFXCOM Receiver for the VISONIC Powermax (868MHZ) by http://www.rfxcom.com. With the VISONIC RF Receiver it's possible to receive all the sensors of the Visonic Powermax. This is something which was on my wishlist for a long time . Supported sensors are:

MCT-302 Doorsensor
    MCT-423 Smoke detectors
    MCM-140 Remote Keypad
    MCT-100 Universal transmitter
    MCT-234 Wireless Keyfob
    MCT-302 Doorsensor
    K-940 MCW PIR
    MCT-501 Glass break detector
    MCT-550 Flood Detector
    Next K9-85 MCW Pir
    MKP-150 LCD Panel

I have a lot of Visonic sensors in the Bwired house which status can be picked up now by as well the Visonic control panel as my own homeautomation system. So for example the PIR's in my house I can also use for switching on lights etc. The receiver is housed in a small USB box which can hold two receivers. So I added a X10 receiver as well. So with just one Small USB box I can receive X10 RF from all X10 wireless devices on 433.92MHZ as well all the Visonic devices on 868MHZ. The power for the receiver comes over the USB cable, so no extra power supply is needed.

I have tested Both devices (Visonic RF / X10 RF) on range an accuracy. I must say the Visonic receiver is reveicing the signals from In and even around my house perfecty on a small wire antenne of 10cm. The X10 receiver comes with a little antenna. Also the X10 receiver is capable of receiving every X10 RF device in my house (believe me I have a lot ) This is something of what my current W800RF32 with antenna is not capable of! With the W800RF I frequently miss a status, specially the dark on or -off status from the MS13a which is only send once.
    What is also nice for homeseer users is that the Visonic/X10 receiver is working perfectly along with the Homeseer plugin of the W800RF32!
    Im not using Homeseer so I wrote my own driver for my Bwired Home Control system. From my 25 Visonic devices I have put a couple online
    check http://www.bwired.nl/Devices.asp and sort on type then you find the Powermax devices. In a couple of weeks all the devices will come online.

Regards Pieter
    www.bwired.nl
    Domotica home automation realtime online in the netherlands. using X10, A10, Xanura and wireless devices. Streaming Mobotix and AXIS Webcams and camera's, Harrison electrische gordijnrail
  • b_weijenberg
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2006

Re: RF receiver for the Visonic Powermax

The RFXCOM USB Visonic receiver is now also compatible with Girder and Misterhouse AND all other Home Automation software that supports X10 security devices using the W800/W800RF/W800RF32 software interface.
    In Homeseer the W800 or the ACRF plug-in can be used.

The RFXCOM USB X10 receiver is also 100% compatible.

The configuration possibilities are very flexible. For example:
    An USB interface with a 310MHz (US frequency) X10 receiver and a 868.95MHz Visonic receiver,
    Or an USB interface with a 433.92MHz (European freq.) X10 receiver and a 433.92MHz Visonic receiver,
    Or an USB interface with a 868.95MHz Visonic receiver only,
    Or .....

Bert

Comment

Working...
    X