• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Techpigmy
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jun 2006

Who can help me design a wiring scheme?

I am planning a new build (6 beds in Weybridge, Surrey) and want to pre-wire for Home Automation. I know roughly what I want (LAN, AV, Security, HVAC, Lighting etc), but won't be buying most of the equipment until the build is done.
    For now, I need to ensure that I create the right wiring scheme, and am looking for some expertise.
    What should I expect to pay for this service?
  • TimH
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2004

Re: Who can help me design a wiring scheme?

Hi Techpigmy,

How long after the build were you planning to wait before installing equipment?
    Were you looking to pin-down a final solution now (make/model etc.) and install literally after the dust settles, or perhaps provide a more general infrastructure giving greater freedom for which kit you install over a relaxed time-frame?

Cheers,

Tim.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

• nigelgiddings
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Aug 2005

Hi Techpigmy,

From the sound of it you are looking for someone to define what you need for a cost?

I'm coming towards the end of my self build, 4 bedroom in N. Kent (Sevenoaks) and would be happy to let you learn from my experiencies...
      You could contact me via e-mail nigel@corbenic.co.uk

This is very much a 'how long is a piece of string' type question but a bit more info would help to pin some things down...

Nigel

http://node0.corbenic.co.uk
      nigel@corbenic.co.uk

Comment

• Techpigmy
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jun 2006

Tim/Nigel,

Thanks for your replies. I will write up a scope and send it to you by e-mail for your advice. As this is a new build, it's important that I get the wiring right for now, and I can then select the products at leisure/over time. So I will try to create a 'generic' infrastructure, which can accommodate different options, as I build it.

I want to take advantage of the latest developments such as wireless and Cat8 cable if appropriate, to limit the amount of wiring and try to adhere to emerging standards, in order to avoid being locked in to a proprietary architecture.

Regards,

Alan

Comment

Working...
        X