Hi there

I have a cat5e wired network with RJ45 sockets wired using 568A (supporting data & voice).

I need to plug in a standard BT-type phone/handset into one of the RJ45 sockets. My telephone line (through NTL) comes into the master socket and an extension cable then runs round to my central wiring point where it is punched down directly to a patch panel telephone module (no slave socket).

Can anyone tell me what type of "BT to RJ45" adapter I need to plug in a telephone into one of the network points?

I've seen several e.g.

Full Master Socket with line protection
PABX Master Socket w/o line protection
PABX Slave Socket only

Not sure which one I need though.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank You!