• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aidan
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jul 2006

Hot water problems with Worcester HE

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem with a Worcester Greenstar HE.

The heating works fine, but there's no hot water from the taps. When a hot tap is turned on the flame ignites but hot water flows through the rads instead (even thought the boiler is in "summer" mode).

There's no errors displayed on the LCD screen or temp display. I've reset the system and tried all combinations of heating on/off but still cold taps and cold showers!

Any suggestions appreciated,

Cheers,

Aidan
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Hot water problems with Worcester HE

There is a solenoid valve which switches from HW to CH. It may be this that has got stuck some how.
    Or have you had any work done on the boiler such as a new three way valve for example.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Aidan
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jul 2006

Hi Toscal,

Thanks for the reply. No work has been done on the boiler - it just stopped providing hot water.
      Your diagnosis is more plausable than Worcester - I called them today and they reckon the heat exchanger needs replacing! Surely the CH would not work if that was faulty? If the solenoid is faulty would hot water run through the radiators?

The heat exchanger is still under warranty but the unit itself is about 3 years old. If the solenoid has gone, it'll be much cheaper to get it replaced locally than getting Worcester involved.

Aidan

Comment

• Aidan
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jul 2006

A quick update in case anone else has the same problem. The Worcester engineer came out this morning to have a look. This valve was stuck part way and sending the hot water through the rads.

It was fixed in 10 minutes. Toscal was spot on :wink:

Cheers,

Aidan

Comment

Working...
        X