• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fogster
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jul 2006

Swatch Portable Phone - compiling a manual

Hey all!

I'm comiling a user manual for the Swatch Portable shown in the picture in this review (this is NOT the Swatch II Portable whose manual you can download on the site). I've no manual and, with the help of this site and some fiddling, I'd like to compile a list of useful functions and post them up here.

Handset call volume - how to adjust
    The one thing I'd like to do is to turn the earpiece volume up on the handset - it's very quiet during a call. Can anyone help? I'd also like to know how to store numbers in the handset

So far, this is what I've worked out

Registering the swatch handset to ANOTHER base
    1) You first need to set the base station of whatever phone you're using to expect a new handset to be registered to it. This will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer - on my Panasonic DECT phone I hold down the page button until a little green light starts flashing(see below for registering another user's phone with Swatch base station)
    2) Switch the Swatch handset off using the (I) button (bottom right)
    3) Hold down the Number 1 one button
    4) Whilst holding down the number 1 button, press the power on button (I) - the phone will beep and the number one will start flashing in the display
    5)enter the pin number for the base station you're trying to register the phone with - for most base stations, this seems pre-set as 0000
    6) Press #
    The phone should now be registered to the base station

Note:
    You can hold down 2, 3 etc to do the same thing. I'm not sure if this is to add 2nd and 3rd handsets to the same base-station, or to choose amongst available base-stations. I'm thinking probably the latter - can anyone advise me?

Registering another manufacturers handset to a Swatch base-station
    I found this out by trial and error:
    1) Hold down the page button on the base station until the base station starts beeping - this takes a long time, maybe 15 seconds.
    2) Use your handset manufacturer's guidance on how to pair your handset with another base station. In my Panasonic Dect phone I go into the menu, Settings HS (handset) -> Registration -> Register HS -> Base 1/2/3/4 (as appropriate), The pin number for the Swatch base station seems set at 0000
    3) That should be it - you should now have paired your other handset to the Swatch basestation!

A word of warning - I tried this with my Panasonic DECT phone - although I could make outgoing calls from the panasonic phone when it was paried with the Swatch base-station, the Panasonic handset didn't ring when an incoming call was coming in and I couldn't answer a call on the Panasonic handset either. Any ideas anyone?

Changing Ring Tone
    1) Press the Option (top left button above the Number 1) key, "->"
    2) Press the number 6
    3) Press numbers 1 to 6 to listen to the different ring tones
    4) Press the option key "->" again to end

Changing ringer volume
    1) Press the Option (top left button above the Number 1) key, "->"
    2) Press the number five key, followed by numbers 1 to 6 to set the volume (1 quietest, 6 loudest)
    3) Press the Option key "->" again

Locking the keypad
    - Press the Power Button (I) briefly when the phone is switched on to apparently "lock" the phone - the dispaly shows three rows of four dots. Press the power button again to unlock the phone

Redialling last ten numbers called
    1) Simply press the top right button "->->" above the number 3 to cycle through your last few calls

Mystery controls!!!
    Things I've discovered but don't know what they do!

Mystery 1
    - Press Option, followed by 3. You will see in the display "3 1". You can press 0 to change the display to "3 0", and 1 to change it back again. Any idea what this is for?

UPDATE on mystery 1!!
    Option 3 - 6 - 0/1 seems to switch the display of the handset number on or off (360 off, 361 on). Options 3-0 to 3-9 all are "accessible" and are all set to either 0 or 1 - but I have no idea what any of them do (apart from 3-6).Any ideas??

Mystery 2
    - Press Option, followed by 8. Keep pressing 8 and you get:

8 ---- 8
    8 --- 8
    8 -- 8
    8 - 8

Press Option 8, followed by 9 and you get:

8 ---- 9
    8 --- 9
    8 -- 9
    8 - 9

The same happens with Option 8 followed by 2. Any ideas what these are doing?

Mystery 3
    - Option 0 shows "0 1" in the display
    You can then type 1, 2, or 3 to show:
    "0 1", "0 2" or "0 3".
    You can do this whilst in a call. Nothing seems to happen

Mystery 4

Any idea what Option 1 does? Press Option 1-1 and the number 1 on the display starts blinking - but no other keys seem to do anything!

Please please PLEASE try to post any answers you have here - and remember, this is in relation to the Swatch ONE, not the Swatch TWO portable phone!

Kindest regards

Steve
Working...
X