• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milkman1111
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jul 2006

Visonic PowerMax Plus telephone connection wiring problem

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a telephone connection problem.

I have installed the PowerMax Pus system and It works well, however when I tried to connect it to a phone socket I found out that there was no rj-11 socket on the alarm..(as Illustrated!) so I tried to connect the socket to the LINE/SET connectors... the problem is that I don't know what i'm doing exactly.. I have tried to connect the telephone wire colours to the system but i have diferent colours, the best results I have achieved is that the alarm calls me when there is an alarm ....BUT I cannot make telephone calls.. I can only receive calls..

Am I missing something??.. should I be pairing 2 telephone wires together or should I only be using line or set connectors or all of them.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what setup they have ie what colours connects to what inputs. That would really help me out as Visonic have refused to help me as I am not an alarm installer!!.

Many thanks in advance!!!!

Ernie
  • DarrenD
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2006

Re: Visonic PowerMax Plus telephone connection wiring proble

Hi Ernie,
    Did you get this sorted? I have exactly the same problem and would appreciate any help or clues.
    Thanks
    Darren

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Hi there,
      The incomming phone line goes to the Line terminals and the Set terminals are just like a loop through so you can connect a normal telephone to.
      Most telephone systems only consist of two wires, and 99.99% of the time it doesn't matter which way you connect them.
      Though I have heard that caller ID and some ADSL modems may not work when the wires are conencted one way but when swapped round it does. I've tried and for me it works either way round for the wires both for CID and my ADSL modem.
      To understand more about phone lines you may want to look at these sites:

and for caller ID if you are interested:
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• milkman1111
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jul 2006

Hello toscal

Thanks for the reply....I am going to try it out!! can't wait...thanks!!

Ernie

Comment

• milkman1111
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jul 2006

Hi Guys..

Just wanted to let you know that I managed to sort the problem out with toscal's help.....FINALLY!!!!

I only connected 2 wires into the LINE connector slots.. The black an yellow wires. I'm not sure if these colours corresponds to anyones wiring...but it worked for me

Thanks toscal

regards

ernie

Comment

Working...
          X