Thread: Boiler Problem

Automated Home Lurker

Default Boiler Problem

Hello Experts i have a Bosch Worester Combi Boiler that when you either turn on the heating or the hot water tap the boiler fires up then goes off then fires up again and runs for a short time and some times part way through hot water running it switches off again. Its model 24i, any ideas guys???

Default Re: Boiler Problem

could be the fan isn't running at full speed,

or the air pressure switch is faulty.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Sunbeam thanks for your reply, not sure about pressure but a few days ago when i last tried to locate the fault i removed the covers from the boiler and although the boiler had not been in use for any length of time that day (only hot water call) the fan did seem a little warm although it spins freely. Another point i have noticed is when you turn the hot tap on if the boiler is not going to fire up you can here a clicking noise then it will either fire up or go silent for a few minutes and then fire up. The very first call for hot water in the morning does seem ok it appears to get worse after that. I would appreciate your thoughts

the clicking noise is the pilot trying to light,

if you've already had the case off try giving the pilot light a blow with a piece of rubber tube,not sure but i think they're at the front of the burner on the 24i,

further down the pilot tube there will be a tiny hole if you can locate it give that a blow as well,