• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowie
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2006

worcester 240 combi

hi everyone please can somebody help me i have a worcester 240 combi boiler the problem is when i run my hot water tap it heats up fine to an extent but when i turn it off the boiler keeps running but the flames have gone out i would get a plumber in but i had dick turpin in last year for a 50pence diaphram he was there 2 mins and i have still got the red marks on my arse where he pulled my pants down if anyone can help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    attempt everything fix nothing
  • sunbeam
    • Feb 2006

Re: worcester 240 combi

if you mean after you've turned the hot water tap off the flames go out but the boiler runs on, it's normal.

Comment

• lowie
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Aug 2006

yes i know it runs on but it doesnt stop at all no matter how long i leave it .

Comment

• lowie
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Aug 2006

sorry i forgot to mention that i had to turn all the thermostats off because when you turn the taps on the radiators get hot

Comment

• sunbeam
          • Feb 2006

i can't remember if the 240 has a diverter valve or not, if it has it's stuck open,

Comment

• rogher
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Aug 2006

I'm looking here because I, too, have a poorly 240.
            It does have a diverter. It's at the front on the LHS.
            You need to lower the contol box across the bottom to reveal it. Remove two screws either side of the top of the box and it will hinge down.
            The diverter is a round brass thing and has a black oblong plastic box at the front. this box has two micro switches inside, one for the pump and the other to switch the boiler on (at max).
            You can remove the box by pulling a retaining circlip out (up).
            There is a spindle coming out of the centre of the diaphragm with a small plastic pad on it. The pad contacts the microswitches. My diverter works fine: When I draw hot water it pops out to switch the pump on and fire the boiler (except that the boiler does fire). Yours could be stuck out, or the microswitch stuck in.

Could anyone suggest what might be causing my problem?
            No CH or DHW except that the pump works. Pilot light is on.

Roger

Comment

• sunbeam
              • Feb 2006

do you know if the fan is running?

Comment

Working...
              X