• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magicmat
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2006

Q about On-Q!

I have a 4 year old house which was usefully wired up for alarm, Co-Ax and Cat 5 throughout the house! The system is branded On-Q, and originally only came wired up for Co ax and telephone wiring. I have installed my own alarm using thier wiring, but now i need to get a network in place!

The main plan is to share my main PC and its broadband connection with an Xbox 360 in the lounge for video, MP3's etc. Sooo...I need a patch panel for my On-Q enclosure. Are these still available? If not, are there any other suggestions? Obviously a 19" rack wont fit! Does anyone know of the supplier of the On-Q products?

The house has Legrand Mosaic faceplates throughout with the appropriate modules and blanking plates. However, I now need to replace the blank ones with Cat5 sockets....but i can't find any companies that supply them! The Legrand part code is 074285 (i think!) and have tried several companies online with no success. I've seen other modules eg http://www.datacommsdirect.co.uk/pro...ria=&PT_ID=103 but will these fit in the faceplates that I currently have?

Hope someone can help! Its not a clever question, just something i need to get sorted! Thanks!!!
  • vex
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2005

Re: Q about On-Q!

On-Q where actually bought by Legrand a couple of years ago, although I have to say the products and solutions available today have really evolved from the On-Q solutions.

Where abouts are you based and we can cetainly introduce you to one of our regional installers who will be able to supply you with the modules (we have the 074825's on the shelf)

I am less sure about the patch panels still being available here in the UK but I do have very good links into Legrand, so I can try to find out. Do you know exactly what you want and even On-Q part numbers?

Chris
    www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
    NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• magicmat
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Aug 2006

Chris you are officially "the daddy"! I am in Fleet in Hampshire, but i can probebly open a trade account via my company if possible/necessary? I dont have an On-Q Part numbers for the patch panel, i believe there is a 4 and 8 patch version, could I get a price for each possibly? Thats brilliant, thanks for your help! If you have access, can you tell me what price a 4 way booster replacement would cost too please? Many thanks!

Comment

• vex
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by magicmat
        Chris you are officially "the daddy"!
        You don't know how true that is!!!! Our first baby, a girl, born on Saturday!!!!!!!

I'll see what I can track down over the next few days, the tv amp was actually a re-worked Global Loftbox and amp so I'll see if we can provide a replacement.

Chat soon.

Chris (The Daddy) White!
        www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
        NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
          Founder
          • Jan 2004

Congrats Chris!

M.
          Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
          www.twitter.com/ottomate
          www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• katman
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vex
            Our first baby, a girl, born on Saturday!!!!!!!
            Chris (The Daddy) White!
            Congratulations Chris.

You will now start to live up to your nickname

Very EXhausted
            KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
            http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

• magicmat
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Aug 2006

Congrats buddy, and thanks very much!!!