• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnquirk
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jun 2004

XAP Pace Problems

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to get XAP pace to work, but am having no joy. I currently use Who's Calling to distribute caller ID info to my slim players, but there's a bug in it that means it only shows on one player, I need it to do them all.

I have a Hayes Accura V.92 modem which should be compatible with the Pace, but with XPL Pace running it doesn;t even recognise an incoming call.

In who's calling I have to enable Compatibility Mode (which seems to mean it bypasses TAPI) to get any caller ID info. Can the XPL Pace be made to do the same thing?

Thanks

John
  • JamesT
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2004

Re: XAP Pace Problems

John,

xAP Pace talks straight to the modem and doesn't use TAPI at all. When the app starts up you should see in the window a few messages flip through llike "opening port" etc. at it will end at "waiting for call". When these messages are being displayed, are you seeing the modem lights flash at all? If they don't then it could be the com port setting. xAP Pace uses com1 by default, if you want to change the port right click on the icon in the start menu and after xappace.exe" add the port number of the modem so if it was on com 5 the line would be "c:\program files\xappace\xappace.exe" 5
    If you are seeing the modem lights flash but not seeing any xAP messages sent then it could be there is some difference between the Accur and the Pace. If this is so then Kevin Hawkin's xAP cid app might be worth a shot (http://www.ukusa.demon.co.uk/xAPTel.zip) It's alot more advanced the xAP Pace which is now a very old app!
    If/when one of the above works then to get callerid information on all your slimp3s you will need two other apps. The first is the xAP Slimp3 connector and the second is the TiVo/SliMP3 CallerID OSD . The first app xAP enables the slimserver and the second translates the incoming call xAP message into a display one. You can use the little test button in xAP Pace to test that the other apps are all working. The Slimp3 and OSD apps are available at www.xapframework.net and are available as service or console versions (they do require the .net framework)

Hope this helps

James

Comment

• johnquirk
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jun 2004

Hi James,
      Tried the software you recommended, it looks like it's going to work, doesn;t put a red line through the phine, but when a call comes in it just sits there, I get nothing.

I wouldn't mind so much, but I bought this modem specially because it does caller ID, that's all I use it for...

Comment

• Kevin
        • Jan 2004

xAP CID does not support modems currently -it is an application just for the Meteor, MeteorPlus and Pegasus units. I was going to add support for a specific modem for a user but then got sidetracked intoa TAPI implementation but that is not released yet - still hunting a suitable (ie free) OCX. If I dont find one then I'll add features for people to set up some modem strings , although the modem will then be 'dedicated' to teh application .
        The Meteor can not be 'detected' easily from software until it does something - all the red cross through the phone icon shows currently is that the port failed to open - not that a Meteor (or modem) has been detected.
        If you would like to provide me with the correct modem init strings to enable callerID reporting (aka the 'AT' command) then I will look to support your modem too. I will also need an example of the serial data response for a reported incoming call with CID.
        Kevin

Comment

• Kevin
          • Jan 2004

I am hoping you are all up and running now John - we have exchanged a few offlist messages and have retained Whos Calling working as is but xAP now picks up the CID messages from Whos calling and relays them onwards to the other SliMP3 players. I hope to post this 'how to' shortly

Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X