• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr_Rodge
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2006

X10 Wall Switch/Harmony Problems

Hi, I'm new to X10 and have just purchased a CM12 and an x10 wall switch I'm not sure of the model (It can be found under wall mount dimmer on harmony 5.2.) The problem is, when I create a scene to dim the lights from 100 to 1 over a period of say, 30 seconds, the dimmer goes way too fast. It only dims at one speed! in my opinion that's useless! Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: X10 Wall Switch/Harmony Problems

Some programs have an option to do a slow dim or bright.
    Another way is to dim from 100 to say 90 then have a small delay and then dim 90 to 80 etc.
    Yet another way is to send the whole x10 command several times this is similar to a slow dim command. So say your light is A1. What you would do is send the command A1 dim or similar, then send it again and keep resending it until the light is zero. This is about 23 times or so.
    Normally to dim A1, what happens is that you send A1 then dim, then you (or the software) keep sending just the dim command until A1 is at the desired level. By repeating the whole command sequence you effectively add a 1 second delay, to each command sequence, so the whole thing takes just over 20 seconds. You should be able to do this within a macro.
    Don't have any idea if the above suggestions will work in Harmony, though it may point you in the right direction.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X