• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muj
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2006

Homeseer vs. Harmony Gold vs. Active Home vs. the others

Has anyone done a comparitive analysis of these products?
    I want to buy one but am clueless which one.
    On the one hand I want maximum flexibility (I have a programming background) but I still want to make sure I'm using popular software so that I can get support when I get stuck.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Homeseer vs. Harmony Gold vs. Active Home vs. the others

If you want a PC based solution then go for Homeseer. It has one of the best user support forums around. It has over 14000 members. You normally get a reply within 24 hours.
    Active Home is good to start with, but is very basic in what it can do.
    When I was looking at software I tried almost everyhing, well any that either had a demo version or trial version. After about a month I chose Homeseer.
    Couple Homeseer with Main Lobby from www.cinemaronline.com and I think you have an excellent Home Automation system.
    I don't use Homeseer anymore as I needed a stand alone non PC based controller. Too many power outages, and often 3 or more in the space of ten minutes, isnt a good environment for a PC. And the cost of a UPS to support 3 or more hours is not cheap. I now use the Homevision Controller from www.csi3.com .
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Jimll
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2006

I think harmony has come a long way in the past few years I used it when it first came out and then had another look out of curiosity a few months ago.

I use HomeSeer along with Mainlobby and a few other plugins. HomeSeer would get my vote every time in terms of usability, flexibility, stability and supportability!

They both have a demo version so try them both for a bit and see which one suits you.
      James Clabon

Comment

• svu
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2006

If you are looking for something which could be used for Linux/MacOSX, I can recommend heyu..

Comment

Working...
        X