• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJTaylor79
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2006

Bathroom Television

I was thinking about installing a computer monitor in my bathroom so that I can connect it to my apple mac to watch tv etc.

The main problem I am trying to overcome is how to install the monitor as to stop condensation oveing when having a bath etc, I believe the expensive monitors achieve this by heating up the glass surround.

Any ideas how to heat up glass and what temperature to heat it to stop condensation ocurring?

Thanks

Andrew
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Bathroom Television

I guess 1200 pounds for a TV/monitor is a litle steep.
    I know that for some CCTV enclosures they have a basically a largish wire wound resistor which heats up, between the camera lens and the enclosure glass. They are normally mounted at the bottom of the enclosure. Some other enclosures are filled with a gas. I think its nitrogen. The gas is dried as the enclosure is filled, and the whole enclosure is pressurised, to just above 1 bar, preventing any moisture entering. Some also have a pressure relief valve as well.
    Another option is to use silica gel packs this will absorb the moisture. If any gets into the enclosure.
    I have noticed that when I have the low voltage halogens on above the mirror in the bathroom the mirror doesn't mist up as much. So you could try a small light bulb or low volt halogen bulb, but this might make the enclosue too hot.
    Silica gel can be bought from http://www.protonsupplies.com
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X