Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AlexP View Post
    Great news thanks Andy.

On another note I observed what may be an issue last night - office scheduled to 16c and warm weather mode had turned it ‘off’. Went into the office and manually turned up the temp on the hr92. However the radiator never heated up. The controller was reporting a 100% demand but the boiler relay was only at about 10%, presumably from another zone.

So is the warm weather shutdown overruling any local override? This seems wrong to me...

Or possibly it is the scaling not yet calibrated properly yet, although it seems pretty close to spot on in the other zones.
    That will be the load scaling feature - looks very similar to what I just reported in my frost protection post.

If you have a boiler relay the minimum on-time sets the minimum amount of boiler demand required before the boiler relay will actually turn on. 10% isn't quite enough to turn the boiler on with the default 6 cycles and one minute minium on-time and if your minimum on-time is more the required percentage increases.

The question is why is load scaling scaling the load down by a factor of 10.... I saw that in my frost protection test but I assumed that was due to the very low (5C) set point I was testing at. At my normal set points I'm seeing a load scaling factor more like 2 - EG an individual zone calls for 100%, this results in 50% for the boiler. Load scaling also seems to combine the heat demands of different zones in a semi-additive fashion.

For example one zone only calling for 100% heat causes the boiler relay to be about 50%, but with two zones both calling for 100% heat the boiler relay goes to 100%. While the principle is sound, scaling by up to 10x in some circumstances seems a bit excessive, and I wonder what is triggering that.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 6th April 2020 at 06:26 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Having some problems with hot water control now.

I'm aware of the change to hot water priority and earlier in the day I tested a couple of hot water reheat cycles and they worked as expected - with hot water priority.

However now my hot water won't reheat at all. I turned the bathroom radiator up to 23 (current temperature about 20C) and started running a bath. Within a few minutes the temperature dropped low enough to trigger a reheat and the icon on the home screen indicated that it was reheating the water but it is not.

This picture was taken about 10 minutes in and it can be seen that the hot water temperature has dropped to 16C, the icon is showing it should be reheating, however the system summary page is not showing 100% boiler demand despite hot water showing 100% demand:

Furthermore, my boiler relay is only cycling on intermittently, (as the low boiler demand indicates) the heating relay is still on and the hot water relay is OFF.

Another 10 minutes later the hot water relay still has not come on so the hot water is sitting at 16C and no attempts are being made to reheat it.

Automated Home Legend

Update: 25 minutes after the home screen first claimed to be reheating the hot water the hot water relay has finally clicked on and the boiler relay demand on the system summary page has gone to 100% as it should do during a hot water reheat.

What gives with the long delay and untruthful reheat indicator on the home screen ? Bug ? Feature ?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Update: 25 minutes after the home screen first claimed to be reheating the hot water the hot water relay has finally clicked on and the boiler relay demand on the system summary page has gone to 100% as it should do during a hot water reheat.

What gives with the long delay and untruthful reheat indicator on the home screen ? Bug ? Feature ?
    Did you have a manual override on a zone at the time, looks like Bathroom was? - current bug. I found it within 5 minutes of mine updating

When a manual override to a zone is present HW isn't kicking in - on a usual schedule it works as it should

Andy is fully aware of this.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Did you have a manual override on a zone at the time, looks like Bathroom was? - current bug. I found it within 5 minutes of mine updating

When a manual override to a zone is present HW isn't kicking in - on a usual schedule it works as it should

Andy is fully aware of this.
    Thanks. Yes I had one manual override (the bathroom) active at the time. Bit of a weird bug!

The hot water did eventually fire up before I removed the override though.

Automated Home Legend

The hot water did eventually fire up before I removed the override though.
    Did the zone meet the set point though? Hence why it switched back.

Automated Home Sr Member

Just a quick question, do all of these new features work when I have DAY OFF mode active(or any of the other modes, Custom,eco,away), as most people will have DAY OFF active in present climate.
    Just wondering if DAY OFF mode icon disappears when boost kicks in on a zone or 2 symbols appear.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Did the zone meet the set point though? Hence why it switched back.
    I think by then the heat demand for the zone had reached zero, yes. I have to wonder if this was originally a feature but later decided to be a bad idea ?

Automated Home Legend

I have started a new thread just to log the current bugs we are finding. So let's discuss here and log them there when we think its confirmed.

Automated Home Legend

I have to wonder if this was originally a feature but later decided to be a bad idea ?
    Yes maybe, tbh it's a bad idea if it was. If you've got a zone that gets overridden, but to say 35oc then it would never meet the set point. Resulting in like what you saw, the HW then not reheating.

There really should be parameters in place like Vaillants controllers allowing you to set how long a HW reheat cycle can go on for before switching to both systems. A failed zone valve on the HW could result in no heating at all - due to the controller trying to heat the HW.