Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HR92 Batteries

Automated Home Legend

Default HR92 Batteries

I have mentioned in previous postings that one of my HR92s has consistently needed its batteries changing every three months over the last 5.5 years. As an experiment I changed to lithium batteries. I got 4 months out of them!

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I have mentioned in previous postings that one of my HR92s has consistently needed its batteries changing every three months over the last 5.5 years. As an experiment I changed to lithium batteries. I got 4 months out of them!
    Have you worked out whether it is the HR92 or the location?

Best wishes
    James

Automated Home Legend

It’s definitely the HR92. I checked the location long ago.

Automated Home Sr Member

It’s definitely the HR92. I checked the location long ago.
    Sounds like with 4x the battery usage from normal (3 months vs 12, say) then you calculate the TTV for replacement quite quickly :-)

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jabes View Post
    Sounds like with 4x the battery usage from normal (3 months vs 12, say) then you calculate the TTV for replacement quite quickly :-)
    After all these years I know almost to the day when the battery low warning will come up. I ought to have had it replaced long ago but too late now. It’s 4.5 years old. I have a spare HR92 I could put in place. Perhaps it is laziness I haven’t. But 4.5 years in and all works well. Optimisation a no no for me and the app could do with updating but other than that it is a great system. Particularly if once set it up you stop playing with it!

Automated Home Legend

5.5 years of suffering poor battery life and you still haven't replaced it yet for one that isn't faulty ?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    5.5 years of suffering poor battery life and you still haven't replaced it yet for one that isn't faulty ?
    I did say I was lazy! It is alongside me in my study and other than the need to change the batteries more frequently has not been a concern. You are right though. I ought to get the new out of its box and replace it! But then my spare is going to be a faulty one!

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Faulty-ish.

Automated Home Legend

One of our HR92s is showing low battery but can't bring myself to change it yet

Was hoping for them to last till September/October then i'm going to change them all to Lithium in one go and see how long they last.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Faulty-ish.
    Maybe, but replacing batteries every 3 months for 5 1/2 years can't be cheap either. And for me the annoyance factor would be too much...