X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gemsec
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2015

I did not know you could do that, is the process the same as for the first link?

Comment

• Gemsec
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2015

I have been trying to link both controllers to the RFG100, I tried a number of combinations, but it seems that the unit only recognises the last unit which I'd bound to the RFG100.

Do you have any idea on the binding procedure?

Comment

• Fursty Ferret
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2014

I don't, but I'll try to ask (someone using my app with the original controllers has them bound as "Upstairs" and "Downstairs" so I assume it's possible.)

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
          Site Sponsor
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
          I don't, but I'll try to ask (someone using my app with the original controllers has them bound as "Upstairs" and "Downstairs" so I assume it's possible.)
          You can bind 2x Single Zone thermostats (Y87RF2024) to an RFG100 for a two zones of heating, but you cannot bind 2x MK2 evohome Controllers to 1x RFG100.

Comment

• Gemsec
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jan 2015

Thanks, I did not think you could bind 2 EvoHome Controlers to 1 RFG100, so back to my original question if in install 2 of the new EVoHome Wifi Controles, will I be able to control them both from the iPhone app?

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
              Site Sponsor
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Gemsec View Post
              Thanks, I did not think you could bind 2 EvoHome Controlers to 1 RFG100, so back to my original question if in install 2 of the new EVoHome Wifi Controles, will I be able to control them both from the iPhone app?
              You can indeed - I have 6 controllers I use/monitor on my Total Connect Comfort Europe App.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Can someone from Honeywell please definitively reply on the issue of whether the Evotouch Wi-fi model supports "Local HR92 override display" as claimed ? Earlier in this thread we have the following statements from Rameses and top brake that seem to suggest that at the very least there should be an icon displayed on the evotouch display when an HR92 has been manually adjusted, as well as comments from raston saying this doesn't seem to be working for him:

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                Not comprehensive but in summary:

[...]

- Local HR92 override now displays
                No the local HR92 override will not make it to the existing evohome.
                Originally posted by raston View Post
                Just installed a new evohome system which I'm very pleased with. The HR92 override feature doesn't seem to work though. I'm changing the temperature via the dial on the HR92 but nothing shows up on the controller. Is there some setup step I'm missing? Also, for zones with 2 radiators will a temperature override on one of them be reflected on the other?

Cheers, Rich.
                Originally posted by top brake View Post
                HR92 local override only applies to the one radiator that you adjust the valve on

The display on the evohome controller doesn't change as such, bust displays a local override icon to indicate

Hope this makes sense.
                Originally posted by raston View Post
                Thanks for the reply top brake. Unfortunately even that doesn't work. I get the override symbol when using the app to change the temp, but not when just turning the dial on the HR92.
                Well, it doesn't work for me either. I have spent many hours fiddling around with the configuration, resetting the controller, redoing bindings in various ways and basically trying everything I can think of to get this feature to work without success, to the point that I have to wonder whether it even exists or is just "vapour ware", or perhaps pulled at the last minute before release...

So does this feature actually exist ? Does it work for anyone

If the feature got pulled at the last minute please just say so so that we are not wasting hours of time fiddling with our systems wondering why they are not working as they should be...

Comment

• top brake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2015

I will escalate to factory to find out for sure

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                  Can someone from Honeywell please definitively reply on the issue of whether the Evotouch Wi-fi model supports "Local HR92 override display" as claimed ? Earlier in this thread we have the following statements from Rameses and top brake that seem to suggest that at the very least there should be an icon displayed on the evotouch display when an HR92 has been manually adjusted, as well as comments from raston saying this doesn't seem to be working for him:

Well, it doesn't work for me either. I have spent many hours fiddling around with the configuration, resetting the controller, redoing bindings in various ways and basically trying everything I can think of to get this feature to work without success, to the point that I have to wonder whether it even exists or is just "vapour ware", or perhaps pulled at the last minute before release...

So does this feature actually exist ? Does it work for anyone

If the feature got pulled at the last minute please just say so so that we are not wasting hours of time fiddling with our systems wondering why they are not working as they should be...
                  I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

Much appreciated.

Lack of any indication via central controller or phone app that an HR92 has been locally overridden is a glaring oversight of the original model(s) IMHO so I was pleased to see it "fixed" in the wi-fi model...

If it's a feature that was planned that just didn't make the cut and got accidentally left in the promotional materials, so be it. That would still be disappointing but at least I wouldn't spend any more time trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Comment

• Rameses
                      Industry Expert
                      • Nov 2014

Much appreciated.

Lack of any indication via central controller or phone app that an HR92 has been locally overridden is a glaring oversight of the original model(s) IMHO so I was pleased to see it "fixed" in the wi-fi model...

If it's a feature that was planned that just didn't make the cut and got accidentally left in the promotional materials, so be it. That would still be disappointing but at least I wouldn't spend any more time trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
                      Sorry for delay.

If you have the following software versions or later on evohome Wi-Fi model then HR92 local override will show on the display

Application Software Version 01.00.02.01
                      WiFi Software Version 01.00.02.00
                      (It is flashed up during the reboot but can also be seen by pressing and holding the Device Settings button in the User settings menu.)

We are working on a rollout programme to update firmware for evohome Wi-Fi models which DO NOT have this version.

If someone in this forum really want this firmware before the mass rollout (Date yet to be decided) - we can perform 1:1 changes. So if any forum members want to fill out the form at http://getconnected.honeywell.com/en/contact-us with the Subject heading evohome_wifi_update_rameses these will be picked up by customer services and passed on to control team who can initiate.

evohome users who have the gateway model cannot get this benefit.

I hope this helps.
                      Last edited by Rameses; 16 December 2015, 12:27 PM.
                      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Sorry for delay.

If you have the following software versions or later on evohome Wi-Fi model then HR92 local override will show on the display

Application Software Version 01.00.02.01
                        WiFi Software Version 01.00.02.00
                        (It is flashed up during the reboot but can also be seen by pressing and holding the Device Settings button in the User settings menu.)
                        Thanks for replying - that's very interesting. I had already discovered holding down Device Settings and taken note of the firmware version, I have:

Application Software Version: 01.00.01.00
                        Wifi Software Version: 01.00.01.00

So indeed it looks like I do not have a new enough firmware version for this feature to work.

We are working on a rollout programme to update firmware for evohome Wi-Fi models which DO NOT have this version.

If someone in this forum really want this firmware before the mass rollout (Date yet to be decided) - we can perform 1:1 changes. So if any forum members want to email consumersupport@honeywell.com with the Subject heading evohome_wifi_update_rameses these will be picked up by customer services and passed on to control team who can initiate.

evohome users who have the gateway model cannot get this benefit.

I hope this helps.
                        Thanks for the clarification of the situation - it's very encouraging that firmware updates are planned rather than just being a theoretical possibility supported by the hardware... Are there any other functional changes that you can mention in the update or is it mostly just bug fixes ?

I assume by 1:1 changes you mean pushing out an over the air firmware update to an individual device ? If so I'm interested in trying this, if only to see the over the air update process in action...

What details would need to be included in the email to identify the device ? Device ID, Thermostat MAC, Thermostat CRC, or Honeywell login details, or some combination of the above ?

Does the device display any sort of notification after an update has occurred or would I just have to check the software version screen from time to time to know when it had changed ?

Comment

• Rameses
                          Industry Expert
                          • Nov 2014

Thanks for replying - that's very interesting. I had already discovered holding down Device Settings and taken note of the firmware version, I have:

Application Software Version: 01.00.01.00
                          Wifi Software Version: 01.00.01.00

So indeed it looks like I do not have a new enough firmware version for this feature to work.

Thanks for the clarification of the situation - it's very encouraging that firmware updates are planned rather than just being a theoretical possibility supported by the hardware... Are there any other functional changes that you can mention in the update or is it mostly just bug fixes ?

I assume by 1:1 changes you mean pushing out an over the air firmware update to an individual device ? If so I'm interested in trying this, if only to see the over the air update process in action...

What details would need to be included in the email to identify the device ? Device ID, Thermostat MAC, Thermostat CRC, or Honeywell login details, or some combination of the above ?

Does the device display any sort of notification after an update has occurred or would I just have to check the software version screen from time to time to know when it had changed ?
                          Yes sorry I should have said.

Please provide name & contact details, and the login you use for TCC. This will be enough to open the case.

They will send an email to confirm they received the email and from there will push it out. If the account team come across accounts with multiple devices they will be in contact - but right now please don't share mac address, passwords of anything other than what I detail above.

There are some other opimisations and fixes - but nothing worth mentioning or you would notice and would affect unit performance.
                          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• DBMandrake
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Sep 2014

Thanks. Email sent.

Comment

• Rameses
                              Industry Expert
                              • Nov 2014

Hi all - I mucked up - dont use the email address in these posts.

Instead use the web form here (same subject heading)

That email address is generic and for other product categories, so your request will be lostl

Comment

• DBMandrake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Sep 2014

Hmm. I got an email back already early this morning from someone in Consumer Support E&ES Europe who say they are checking my account and device firmware version, so I assume it is actually being dealt with ? It seemed that way at least. I'm in no hurry so I will see what happens.
                                Last edited by DBMandrake; 16 December 2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X