• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

eovhome Wi-FI FW releases

Hi All

We now have more info to share around the release of future FW updates for evohome Wi-Fi units.

Software 02.00.11.21 & Wi-Fi 02.00.11.00
    This is being released now. It is in our production units from the factory and will be pushed out over the next few days via our deployment systems. Users shouldn't have to do anything as this will be a fully automated update
    - Hot water boost function (if you have Stored HW)
    - Icon change on Hot water
    - Wi-Fi channels 12/13 fix
    - Ghost zone fix (for users that still had it)
    - General security and maintenance fixes

Next version (due ASAP)
    This is a small update for the Wi-Fi FW and provides an addition security fix to negate the Krack security issue.

Next version (still aiming for end of year/ early Jan - all subject to continued testing)
    Additional functional improvements
    - Heat demand per zone is indicated
    - Electric zone support
    - Outside weather display
    - Plus other maintenance and security improvements
    Last edited by Rameses; 9 November 2017, 06:21 PM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Wow, and definitely waiting for that Jan update.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      Wow, and definitely waiting for that Jan update.
      I second that. Looking forward to that January update.

Perhaps keep this thread as the place to officially announce firmware updates in the future ?

Comment

• filbert
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
        Hi All

We now have more info to share around the release of future FW updates for evohome Wi-Fi units.

/SNIP/
        That's very helpful - thanks. Hopefully, the greater openness will continue - I'm sure it gives folks more confidence in the product.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

Sounds good, I too will be looking forward to the update in January - the heat demand per zone will be fantastic for me. Sod’s law I’m away at the moment so can’t see whether mine has updated this morning with the first update.

Comment

• MrShamus
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Feb 2015

Once electric zone support and heat demand are added I will seriously consider upgrading to the WiFi model... Currently on the non-WiFi with RFG100 gateway.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

- Electric zone support
              Any details on how this will be implemented ?

Will it be a new "zone type" in the zone configuration in addition to the current radiator valve, zone valve etc ? And presumably switched by a BDR91 or other compatible higher power relay using TPI ?

Or is it just a setting where you can disable the "boiler demand" for an existing zone of any type where it continues to function as normal but just doesn't call for heat from the boiler ? If the latter, as well as electric heating zones it would allow for radiator zones that can't call for heat themselves, but will regulate their temperature to a schedule when other zones are calling for heat. (Such as towel rails configured to be "opportunistic" and heat only when other zones are calling for heat)
              - Outside weather display
              Is this only for people with the (very expensive!) outdoor temperature sensor, which can't even currently be bound to the WiFi model, or will it also be possible to use it via an internet derived weather service, like the TCC phone app does, based on the location entered in the TCC portal ?
              Last edited by DBMandrake; 9 November 2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• paulockenden
                Automated Home Legend
                • Apr 2015

- Electric zone support
                That's a WOO and a HOO!

P.

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                  Any details on how this will be implemented ?

Will it be a new "zone type" in the zone configuration in addition to the current radiator valve, zone valve etc ? And presumably switched by a BDR91 or other compatible higher power relay using TPI ?

Or is it just a setting where you can disable the "boiler demand" for an existing zone of any type where it continues to function as normal but just doesn't call for heat from the boiler ? If the latter, as well as electric heating zones it would allow for radiator zones that can't call for heat themselves, but will regulate their temperature to a schedule when other zones are calling for heat. (Such as towel rails configured to be "opportunistic" and heat only when other zones are calling for heat)

Is this only for people with the (very expensive!) outdoor temperature sensor, which can't even currently be bound to the WiFi model, or will it also be possible to use it via an internet derived weather service, like the TCC phone app does, based on the location entered in the TCC portal ?
                  - E-zone support - let me get more details. I think it just negates the boiler demand call
                  - Outside weather - no sensor needed - taken from postcode /location
                  getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
                    Industry Expert
                    • Nov 2014

Arrrgggh - just noticed I can't spell evohome on the thread title! - more haste less speed. Apologies

Comment

• IM35461
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Jan 2012

Will it keep the internal clock nice and accurate?

Comment

• Andehh
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Oct 2015

Very pleased to see these features coming!

Thanks for the continued support.

Comment

• huntajc
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Sep 2017

Any plans to introduce a view of history without having to use third party products?

Comment

• Rameses
                            Industry Expert
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by IM35461 View Post
                            Will it keep the internal clock nice and accurate?
                            I am looking into that

Comment

• DBMandrake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Sep 2014

Arrrgggh - just noticed I can't spell evohome on the thread title! - more haste less speed. Apologies
                              Try editing the subject on your original post. In most forums this changes the title of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X