• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulB
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Chestnut 2000 View Post
    Just wondered if anyone else had found a solution to the Play Store Error 103 when attempting to update the previous version of the TCC App ?
    What phone and version of android? That error is usually when they sign an app with a later jdk than what is on the phone.

Comment

• Andehh
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2015

Just to add my sentiment, I am also pretty disappointed in the new APP. After a few days of using it, I find myself frustrated in using it. The swipe the screen to set the temperature is just arbitrary. Half the time the temp appears under the thumb I am using to set the temp & just very fiddly when I want a set an exact temp & not just something near-ish said temp.

Seems like an awful lot of change for the sake of change.

Is there a way to downgrade to the old app?

Comment

• Chestnut 2000
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        What phone and version of android? That error is usually when they sign an app with a later jdk than what is on the phone.
        Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 running Anfroid 4.1.2

It ran quite happily with the TCC version 3.2.0

Will probably stick with that.

Comment

• Chestnut 2000
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Andehh View Post
          Just to add my sentiment, I am also pretty disappointed in the new APP. After a few days of using it, I find myself frustrated in using it. The swipe the screen to set the temperature is just arbitrary. Half the time the temp appears under the thumb I am using to set the temp & just very fiddly when I want a set an exact temp & not just something near-ish said temp.

You'd need to install the previous APK using some form of APK installer such as MobileGo

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

I find I don't have to swipe the screen, just touch it at the top and temperature setting goes up, touch at the bottom and it goes down. Seems a logical approach to me. I did post saying the new app was slower but should have reported back in to say that appears to be only initial teething troubles. Speed is reasonable now. Not super fast but it is accessing info from elsewhere to update itself. As I have reported elsewhere though, it does not recognise where I live again.

Comment

• Mavis
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
              I find I don't have to swipe the screen, just touch it at the top and temperature setting goes up, touch at the bottom and it goes down.
              Oh, I hadn't realised that you could do this - yes I agree it is easier to do this - tap for each increment of 0.5c. I had been randomly touched the screen and tried to drag the temp.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                Oh, I hadn't realised that you could do this - yes I agree it is easier to do this - tap for each increment of 0.5c. I had been randomly touched the screen and tried to drag the temp.
                Don't worry it is not immediately obvious. No instructions! But then do we read them?! It is easier and to an extent the app is a little clearer. The design and use of colour is not wonderful and it is clear whoever was writing the software was thinking of functionality and not appearance yet the latter can make the former seem easier.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                  Don't worry it is not immediately obvious. No instructions!
                  Good UX is about things being obvious without instructions!

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

Has anyone noticed that the manual override times in the new iPhone app are now displayed an hour out ?

For example if I set an override for a zone to end at 10pm via the controller, the phone app reports it as 21:00.

If I go to modify the override time via the phone app the time wheel will report an initial time of 9pm - if I then set it to say 10:30pm it will in fact set the time to 10:30pm (as reported by the controller) but the main screen of the phone app will report it as 21:30...

Quite why the phone app has a mixture of 12 and 24 hour time in the same interface (even the old version of the app) has always puzzled me.

Another issue I have noticed recently is overrides made via the phone are sometimes partially ignored. For example I might set 16 degrees until 10am, yet when I check a few minutes later the app reports the correct override time, but the temperature is the un-overriden temperature from the schedule instead of the override temp I chose. The override time was honoured, but the override temperature was ignored.

I've been noticing quite a few anomalies like this recently where what is reported by the phone app and what the controller reports are not fully synchronised and some attempted changes from the phone app are ignored.

Comment

• HenGus
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • May 2014

Yes, I noticed the hour out for the first time yesterday. I thought that I must have had another senior moment.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

The one hour offset seems to have resolved itself today - it seems almost as if there is an out by one day error in the handling of daylight savings in the app...

The problem with some changes requested via the iPhone app not being applied remain though. In the past I have always received an email reporting "Failed zone change" when this happened but recently I've noticed that some changes are reported by the app as taking effect, yet when I check a few minutes later the change has been ignored/reverted and there is no failed zone change email...most frustrating.

Comment

• Jom
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                          The one hour offset seems to have resolved itself today - it seems almost as if there is an out by one day error in the handling of daylight savings in the app...

The problem with some changes requested via the iPhone app not being applied remain though. In the past I have always received an email reporting "Failed zone change" when this happened but recently I've noticed that some changes are reported by the app as taking effect, yet when I check a few minutes later the change has been ignored/reverted and there is no failed zone change email...most frustrating.
                          I have been receiving a number of failed zone changes email alerts in the last few weeks. This is disappointing, as it makes the Evohome system somewhat unreliable. For me it is good to know that others are experiencing similar problems. Hopefully, after the holidays Honeywell personnel on these forums will look into these issues and get them sorted. Must also check that all changes are being implemented if you DB have noticed that some of your changes are not being implemented and you haven't received alerts. Thanks for letting us all know.

Comment

• FullBore
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Jom View Post
                            ...This is disappointing, as it makes the Evohome system somewhat unreliable.....Hopefully, after the holidays Honeywell personnel on these forums will look into these issues and get them sorted.
                            From what I have read here, and elsewhere, I will not upgrade my app. until these issues have been resolved. Hopefully someone from Honeywell will keep us advised of progress in this respect.

Comment

• Andehh
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Oct 2015

I'm still really not liking the swipe to set the temp idea, I have set Temps I stick to and swiping I'd just too twiddly to achieve my desired specific temp.

How can i role the app back? Is there a way?

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

I'm still really not liking the swipe to set the temp idea, I have set Temps I stick to and swiping I'd just too twiddly to achieve my desired specific temp.

How can i role the app back? Is there a way?
                                I don't swipe to change the temperature. There is no need. Just touch the top of the screen to increase and the bottom to decrease. It's simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X