• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The EVOHOME Shop
    Site Sponsor
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by markroseuk View Post
    How long will the refund take? i presume Honeywell will tell Richard the ones to refund. Is this paid the same way as we paid eg PayPal

Mark
    As soon as the devices are received by Honeywell we are being informed. We had notification of 6 returned yesterday, so these have been refunded but none today.

Refunds are directly back the way you paid.
    Last edited by The EVOHOME Shop; 7 April 2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• AutoTrialer
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2016

I can confirm that I've received my refund also, all good. Very happy with process.

On another front, the problem I reported earlier around the Hot Water actuator communications fault. I have been able to clear by doing a system reset and full re-install and config, seems to have done the trick.

Thanks

Comment

• markroseuk
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2016

They received mine back at Honeywell yesterday ( i sent mine signed for)
        Richard have they advissed you as yet?

Mark

Comment

• jonstatt
          Automated Home Guru
          • Feb 2015

Does anyone have firmware 2.1. Mine came with 2.01 and hasn't auto updated in a week.

Comment

• rcopus
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2014

That is 2.1, so you have the latest.

Comment

• jonstatt
              Automated Home Guru
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by rcopus View Post
              That is 2.1, so you have the latest.
              Ah thanks for confirming

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                Site Sponsor
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by markroseuk View Post
                They received mine back at Honeywell yesterday ( i sent mine signed for)
                Richard have they advissed you as yet?

Mark
                Sorry I was training OpenTherm and evohome last Friday with Top Brake. I think the girls in our office had 5 more MAC codes sent through from Honeywell on Friday and no doubt we will have more today. As soon as we get them the refunds will be processed.

Comment

• radar2016
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                  Sorry I was training OpenTherm and evohome last Friday with Top Brake. I think the girls in our office had 5 more MAC codes sent through from Honeywell on Friday and no doubt we will have more today. As soon as we get them the refunds will be processed.
                  I received mine Friday 8th really quick of the mark, many thanks.

My wifi seems to have been upset a bit, compared with the RFG100 which worked through ethernet cable, but then we have very poor, and slow broadband

Comment

• digital
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by rcopus View Post
                    Thanks to Honeywell and Evohome shop for sorting out the upgrade.

On the subject of feedback/experiences with the new unit. I can't quite remember how long the old unit used to last on batteries but the new unit lasts 17 minutes (with no use) and then a message about the internal battery being low appears on the screen.
                    This is a very short amount of time for a device powered by two AA batteries in 2016! It also appears there's no way to dismiss the battery warning and it's stuck on the screen no matter what?
                    If it's intended that the warning is not user dismissible then the UX team need to use an element of the UI that's not a pop-over in my opinion. The fact the UI beneath keeps focus and keeps updating makes the user (me!) think I should be able to dismiss the warning as you can on most consumer devices.

Did you get your battery issue sorted.
                    Having done some work at home involving switching off the power I find Evohome controller only lasting 30 mins.
                    I double checked by recharging for 24 hrs then removed supply and it only lasted 30 mins again.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

What do you mean lasted ? Lasted until the periodic warning beep started ?

Or until the full screen warning message appeared ?

Or until the unit died completely ?

The warning beep will start in about 30 minutes to an hour but the device should function for many hours after it starts beeping.

Comment

• digital
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                        What do you mean lasted ? Lasted until the periodic warning beep started ?

Or until the full screen warning message appeared ?

Or until the unit died completely ?

The warning beep will start in about 30 minutes to an hour but the device should function for many hours after it starts beeping.
                        Started beeping after about 30 mins then battery low appeared shortly after. Completely blank after a total of 40 mins.

Comment

• rcopus
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by digital View Post
                          Did you get your battery issue sorted.
                          Having done some work at home involving switching off the power I find Evohome controller only lasting 30 mins.
                          I double checked by recharging for 24 hrs then removed supply and it only lasted 30 mins again.
                          Hey,
                          I reseated the batteries in the controller (took them out made sure was all clear in the battery compartment and reinserted the batteries).
                          Then made sure when I put the controller back on the wall mount it was pushed down correctly and clicked/locked into place.

Since then it seems the batteries last as long as they should, but I will double check it again.

Comment

• Rozza
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Dec 2015

I have the same, its on charge all day/night, i remove it and within maybe 15 mins its saying battery low and doesn't even last half an hour before it turns off

Ive emailed getconnecteduk@honeywell.com so hopefully they can help

Comment

• digital
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rozza View Post
                              I have the same, its on charge all day/night, i remove it and within maybe 15 mins its saying battery low and doesn't even last half an hour before it turns off

Ive emailed getconnecteduk@honeywell.com so hopefully they can help
                              I have emailed the EVOHOME shop and await their advice.
                              I have also removed the batteries checked everything and reinserted as per rcopus and will see if that helps.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                                Site Sponsor
                                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by digital View Post
                                I have emailed the EVOHOME shop and await their advice.
                                I have also removed the batteries checked everything and reinserted as per rcopus and will see if that helps.
                                Sorry for my delay in responding but I thought I would respond here instead.

From my tests here the batteries are NI-MH and when brand new they need to develop 'memory' before they will function properly - irrespective of what is written online. I have found that the best way to do this is as follows:

Put evohome Controller on the ATF800 charge stand, make sure the stand is powered (not switched off) and then remove the evohome fascia and part the batteries in the middle while it is on the stand (the plastic leg on the lid of a BIC pen is great for this). The battery symbol will go to the battery with a X (cross) through it. At this point unpart the batteries and you will notice the battery symbol change to a battery symbol with a lightning bolt through it. Leave the device charge until the battery symbol disappears (may take 3-4 hours to do this). Then remove the evohome Controller from the stand and allow the batteries to discharge (can take up to 6 hours) and then when you get the screen where it says 'put me back on the stand' do this and charge the batteries again.

You will find if you repeat this once every couple of months the batteries will last just fine (4-6 hours easy).

You may also find the plug you push in the back of the ATF800 is not pushed in fully! When you push the plug into the stand it will go in with a 'click'! Make sure this happens or it won't power the ATF800 correctly which will mean the batteries will not charge!

I hope that helps.
                                Last edited by The EVOHOME Shop; 13 April 2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X