X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

OK - here's my left-field suggestion (as someone who does this kind of stuff for a living).

The Honeywell API service sits on multiple servers behind a load balancer. The latter means that you'll usually stay connected to one particular server via session management. And one of the servers has a configuration ****-up.

That would explain why some are seeing the problem while others aren't. And why reboots (which should establish a new session) sort things out.

Pure guesswork, of course, but it seems likely.

Comment

• IM35461
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Jan 2012

My Wi-Fi one also failed to update and I was still in bed wondering why no noise from the HR92.

I did not touch the Evohome but via the Android app I went in to settings and checked the timezone was right which it was.

Anyway, about two minutes later the HR92 burst into life so I guess it must have put the clock right (this was at 08:20 Sunday morning when the heat should have come on at 07:30).

My new system has only been in just over a week.

Comment

• Rameses
        Industry Expert
        • Nov 2014

Ok. Sorry late to party.

Some users that registered after Nov 2016 had an incorrectly set Summer time flag when the account was created for the first time. This is why many users were ok, and some newer users were affected.

The affected users are having their records updated correctly. There is no action required on the user side.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
        getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Aidy
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2017

Mine managed to revert to GMT at some point today, I've given up and turned off auto-update time over wifi.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

That's because your record hasn't been corrected yet - I will post here in the forum once the process is complete.
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Pete2
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Feb 2017

Like others, I have one controller that has changed and one that hasn't. In my case RFG100 gateways and the older controller. Whether I had auto DST on or off one defaulted to GMT within an hour of setting it. I have found that turning the gateway off and it's been fine since.
              Rameses - When you say "users that registered", do you mean "locations that have been created"? I have had an account for a long time and only added my second controller last month, so created a new location on my old account.

Comment

• IM35461
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Jan 2012

On the subject of the clock I also note that it does not display the exact time.
                When I first set my unit up it set the clock to about a minute out so I turned off auto update and put it exactly right.
                After that I put it back to auto.

At present it is about seven seconds fast and in this hi-tech era with time servers all over the planet I would expect the time to be spot on with perhaps a time server sync every 24hrs.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by IM35461 View Post
                  On the subject of the clock I also note that it does not display the exact time.
                  When I first set my unit up it set the clock to about a minute out so I turned off auto update and put it exactly right.
                  After that I put it back to auto.

At present it is about seven seconds fast and in this hi-tech era with time servers all over the planet I would expect the time to be spot on with perhaps a time server sync every 24hrs.
                  The clock on my Control Panel is always a minute or so different to all other internet connected devices.i have tried to rectify but it it prefers its own time.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

The display on the control panel has a very infrequent refresh when zone information is not changing, it can be anywhere up to 30 seconds or more between refreshes if only the time is changing. So you will never see the time tick over perfectly due to infrequent display refreshes and depending on whether any other displayed data has changed.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                      The display on the control panel has a very infrequent refresh when zone information is not changing, it can be anywhere up to 30 seconds or more between refreshes if only the time is changing. So you will never see the time tick over perfectly due to infrequent display refreshes and depending on whether any other displayed data has changed.
                      That makes sense.

Comment

• Rameses
                        Industry Expert
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Pete2 View Post
                        Like others, I have one controller that has changed and one that hasn't. In my case RFG100 gateways and the older controller. Whether I had auto DST on or off one defaulted to GMT within an hour of setting it. I have found that turning the gateway off and it's been fine since.
                        Rameses - When you say "users that registered", do you mean "locations that have been created"? I have had an account for a long time and only added my second controller last month, so created a new location on my old account.
                        yes you are correct 'new location' would be a more accurate description.

Comment

• WiteWulf
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Mar 2016

Quick update on this from my perspective: I logged a case with Honeywell support as suggested and just received an email from them stating that a "remote fix" had been applied to my device. I guess this is the timezone update Rameses mentioned earlier in the thread. Hopefully it'll be on the right time when I get home from work later...

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2016

Mine has been corrected too - with thanks to Honeywell and Rameses. Curiously though, it seems that the daylight saving time (DST) flag is not taken directly from the timezone that you select for your location on the Total Connect Comfort (TCC) site. I had set my timezone to UTC+1 West Central Africa as a workaround while the problem persisted but found that, once Honeywell amended my location profile, my controller moved onto UTC+2. It seems therefore that setting the timezone on the TCC site defines only the base timezone without DST. The DST offset is determined separately by a bespoke Honeywell configuration based on our location (country and postcode). Thus for the UK timezone, one could alternatively select any of the UTC timezones (Casablanca, Reykjavik) and it would not make any difference. I note this here, only in case this problem resurfaces in future years and anyone comes across the archive of this thread. For now, it seems like we are fixed. Thanks again Honeywell.

Comment

Working...
                            X