HR80 -> HR92's - differences in strokes ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

HR80 -> HR92's - differences in strokes ???

Hi there,

I've just replaced a number of HR80's with new HR92's. A number of them are on Danfoss adaptors and 1 is a straight Honeywell fit. I'm noticing that the radiators are overshooting temperature wise and the radiators don't seem to be shut down in time e.g living room set to be 20 and after the heating has been on, is now reading 21.5. I had originally kept the original Danfoss adaptors on that the HR80's came with and I've now since swapped these over to the Danfoss adaptors that came with the HR92's. Though should this make any difference ?

I'm wondering if this is the HR92's, just adapting and reading the characteristics of the valves, or whether there is some difference between a HR80 and HR92 ? My HR80's were bang on temperature wise all the time.

I've gone and turned Valve stroke onto 1 to see if this helps (it doesn't seem to have). I have also gone and run RF Check on all the zones to check that the sensor and the right number of actuators are bound.

Thanks,
    Roy.
    Last edited by roydonaldson; 8 March 2015, 06:47 PM.
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

I would be inclined to keep the HR92s at their default settings for the time being and just let the system settle in and learn. I have a Danfoss valve on two of my radiators and the adaptor for the HR92 works fine.

Comment

• erik
      Automated Home Guru
      • Feb 2015

Have you removed the HR92 head, turned the black wheel all the way to the left, and re-placed the HR92? And then waited for CYCL to complete?

Comment

• roydonaldson
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by erik View Post
        Have you removed the HR92 head, turned the black wheel all the way to the left, and re-placed the HR92? And then waited for CYCL to complete?
        I've just fitted the danfoss adapters tha came with the hr92 and done that.

Il see how they behave in the morning. My living room is not set to be on at all then, so it will show it one way or the other.

Roy

Comment

• roydonaldson
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2013

Went downstairs this morning and the valves were all closed correctly. Perhaps it was just adding a new zone and new HR92's and them needing to learn the heat profile of the radiators that saw them initially overshoot ?

Roy.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

worthwhile double checking that the adaptors are securely clicked into place and retained with screw and nut

i fitted some the other day and found that you have to 'prize open' the adaptor to click it over the shoulder on the Danfoss TRV body
            I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• roydonaldson
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2013

Yes, that's an interesting comment, as when I first fitted the Danfoss adaptors (about a year ago now), I had them sat on the lip of the valve. Of course, there was not enough of a stroke length for the TRV to be able to fully shut the valve and so they never fully turned the radiator off. It is not documented that you need to click them down over the lip to be fully seated.

Comment

Working...
              X