Is there ANY reason to favour a HR91 over an HR92 other than price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
    On EHS it's £40 difference on a pack of 4. However if you buy a 16 pack of HR92 and 4x4 packs of HR91 the unit price is the same at £50. I've not seen anywhere really tout the 91, maybe they just haven't taken off.
    They've put the prices up of the HR924UK multipack then, i'm sure they were only usually £215 for a pack of 4. So in which case, yes if you are buying off the theevohomeshop then there is £45 difference which is quite a bit. But seeming you can pick up a pack of HR924uks for around £200 elsewhere then you aren't really saving much.

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

If I was someone looking again for a new smart heating system for a house with 19 radiators, the difference in cost between the HR92 and a Wiser TRV (£39.99 from Screwfix) would give me a lot to think about.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Jun 2012

There was a range wide price increase from Honeywell a short while ago.

Need to look into Wiser a bit more, but I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw last time I checked (which i admit wasn't very in depth).
        Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

I have so far never needed to buy a HR92 because my HR80s from a Hometronic and CM Zone installation are still going strong. But I do remember thinking that the pivoting screen design of the HR92 was just asking to trouble. The HR80 has so few moving parts by comparison but I miss being able to see what the current temperature in the room is.

Comment

• MrBoy
            Automated Home Guru
            • May 2017

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
            If I was someone looking again for a new smart heating system for a house with 19 radiators, the difference in cost between the HR92 and a Wiser TRV (£39.99 from Screwfix) would give me a lot to think about.
            not seen that one, is it like for like with their own controller box, RF Comms, etc?

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
              not seen that one, is it like for like with their own controller box, RF Comms, etc?
              It’s reviewed on this very site. The is the first of 3 articles:

Comment

• MrBoy
                Automated Home Guru
                • May 2017

8 set points, 16 zones... Wish I'd known about this given my current need for a 13th zone, and literally just bought all my kit... Most of it isn't even fitted yet!

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Mar 2017

From my experience with Drayton over the years . (Especially their wireless stuff), Honeywell exceeds them on every level IMO. The only good thing Drayton ever did was the Lifestyle clocks, and that's about it. From what I've seen of the Drayton system it looks a bit messy and the panel doesn't look as easy to use.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                    Site Sponsor
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                    We now sell packs including HR91's that the equivalent HR92 price just can't touch - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/20-hone...ed-value-packs

I know this is an old post but its still trending on Google for HR91's...

Comment

• Stevedh
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Mar 2017

sorry offtopic but
                      The EVOHOME Shop, one thing I have always wondered when looking at your site is why you don't offer an upgrade to the Honeywell evohome Connected Modulation Pack for say £50 in all your value packs, unless I have missed it somewhere. too late or me though.

Comment

• Christo
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Feb 2014

I still have a mix of HR80, HR92 and HR91. If I had the zero cost opportunity to replace all with just one type it would be HR91. I like them because they don't encourage tinkering and they are not susceptible to accidental adjustment by curtains or little fingers. About half my zones are locked down so they can not be adjusted locally. Quite a lot of zones have T87 wall thermostats. This is both for easier controllability, and to ensure that rads don't get turned off before the room is actually at the right temperature. They get rooms up to heat much faster with smaller rads.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

I don't like the flip screen of the HR92 at all, but I do like the features it has. My house is all HR80 and I see absolutely no reason to change. So unless you NEED access to the settings the HR92 provides, I can see the attraction to the HR91. But it'll be sods law, you buy an HR91 and then might need the HR92 settings.

Comment

Working...
                          X