X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billywizzo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2020

The smart weather seems to work fine for me.
    If it is colder outside, the rooms I have it set up on will got to a higher temp to help compensate for the temp outside.
    When we had the warm spell, the smart weather rooms heating didn't come on untill later into the evening when the outside temp had dropped.
    The optimisation only lets the system have the option to start heating the room selected at an earlier start time so hopefully they will be at the required temp at the actual time you wanted the heating on.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Billywizzo View Post
      If it is colder outside, the rooms I have it set up on will got to a higher temp to help compensate for the temp outside.
      When we had the warm spell, the smart weather rooms heating didn't come on untill later into the evening when the outside temp had dropped.
      The optimisation only lets the system have the option to start heating the room selected at an earlier start time so hopefully they will be at the required temp at the actual time you wanted the heating on.
      I have never turned it on being dubious as to its value.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Billywizzo View Post
        Why would one want a room at a higher temperature because it is colder outside? Surely if you have a room set at say 20c or 21c and that is what you are comfortable with you don’t need to have the room at a higher temperature because you heating will heat to the temperature you have programmed and are comfortable with. In extreme conditions the outside temperature, if the option is set, may bring the heating on a little sooner but turning it up seems an odd thing for it to do if the outside temperature goes up then the heating will not come on anyway if the set temperature has been reached

Comment

• RedEarth
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Jan 2021

If the rooms are slightly draughty then this can more noticeable when the weather is very cold, so setting the temperature slightly higher can offset the effects of this and maintain the comfort level.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

You want the room warmer because your perception of warmth/comfort is different based on the outside temperature and hence heat loss. Which is why a 20C room feels warmer in the summer than in the winter.
            The Cold weather boost and Warm weather shut down are actually pretty cool features. Especially since you can apply that to zones of choice. Bring back per zone optimisation and that too will become a useful feature LIKE IT WAS.
            However currently the smart weather features are being let down by the poor choice of using Internet temperature readings, rather than a local sensor.

Comment

• Billywizzo
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Nov 2020

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
              Why would one want a room at a higher temperature because it is colder outside? Surely if you have a room set at say 20c or 21c and that is what you are comfortable with you don’t need to have the room at a higher temperature because you heating will heat to the temperature you have programmed and are comfortable with. In extreme conditions the outside temperature, if the option is set, may bring the heating on a little sooner but turning it up seems an odd thing for it to do if the outside temperature goes up then the heating will not come on anyway if the set temperature has been reached
              When we had the room temp set before smart weather, the room would feel cold on cold days even though it said it was at the correct temp.
              Now on cold days the room goes to a slightly higher temp and feels warm like how we like it.
              When it is not so cold outside the room heats to the normal set temp and feels fine.
              I believe it is trying to compensate for the heat loss on cold days to try and maintain your room at the temp you like it to be at.
              The smart weather will not bring the heating on earlier but heat the room up to a higher temp to try to compensate for the cold outside, it is the optimisation option that will allow the heating to come on earlier to try and get the room up to temperature at the time you have said you want your heating on.
              If you set optimisation to say 1 hour, if you normally have your heating come on at 5pm, the system will start heating that room anytime from 4pm to try and get the room up to temp for 5pm.
              All the smart weather does is increase the required room temp by however many degrees you have set in the options.
              If you have a newer more energy efficient, less draughty house you may not need the smart weather but in older houses it may help to keep the room at a comfortable temp.

Comment

Working...
              X