• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The EVOHOME Shop
    Site Sponsor
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Mrman365 View Post
    so when there is £30 difference on the kit, i dont see why anyone would willingly pay more for the same product.
    There isn't a £30 price difference though (We are £204 and they are £197.99) and these companies don't do anymore than provide you a box with goods in it?

You have made an interesting point of view for us to consider and good luck with your future customer journey with these companies...

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Jun 2012

Never let the facts get in the way of a good gripe .
      Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
        We don't intentionally try to be more expensive, but try calling Amazon at 5pm on a Friday for technical support or setup help and see how far you get...

Leads me on to a question... Do I match these prices and end my technical help?
        The Evohome shop has a brilliant brand name. I had no idea that it is a ‘family-run small business’ until Dan wrote that above. I had assumed that it is owned by Honeywell as its official outlet and customer support forum. Now I understand that you have a hugely valuable asset and unique selling point (USP) in your brand name and Honeywell’s agreement to you using that.

However, if you are to make money out of that USP, your business needs to project itself clearly as one of the following:

• Plumbing and heating technician;
        • Shopkeeper; or
        • Customer support

I would be surprised if a small family business has skillsets in, and energy for, all three of those in equal measure. They require very different skills and expertise. This thread has highlighted the challenges to you succeeding and profiting as a shopkeeper given the competition. Perhaps the other two might offer greater opportunities for differentiation and exploiting your brand name?

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Jun 2012

Remember Richard is not selling just to the general public.

There is a closed forum for a reason - things get discussed in there that directly impinge on safety matters in relation to boilers. It is not a unique thing and many forums have closed sections for professionals to discuss matters. (it also helps to have somewhere where we can moan about customers too .

Richard does well precisely because he is a mixture of those 3 things - although granted he needs to control the tech support side of it a bit. Our industry is saturated with muppets and charlatans; as well as merchants with massive staff turnover and poor knowledge. Having a trustworthy supplier who knows whats what is worth a few percent here and there.

Like I said before. Price isn't everything.
          Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
            Site Sponsor
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Edinburgh2000 View Post
            The Evohome shop has a brilliant brand name. I had no idea that it is a ‘family-run small business’ until Dan wrote that above. I had assumed that it is owned by Honeywell as its official outlet and customer support forum. Now I understand that you have a hugely valuable asset and unique selling point (USP) in your brand name and Honeywell’s agreement to you using that.

However, if you are to make money out of that USP, your business needs to project itself clearly as one of the following:

• Plumbing and heating technician;
            • Shopkeeper; or
            • Customer support

I would be surprised if a small family business has skillsets in, and energy for, all three of those in equal measure. They require very different skills and expertise. This thread has highlighted the challenges to you succeeding and profiting as a shopkeeper given the competition. Perhaps the other two might offer greater opportunities for differentiation and exploiting your brand name?
            Maybe a little detail about us then - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/content/4-about-us

But, no we are not owned in anyway by Honeywell and the support we give is entirely off our own back. We are a family business and have small business values. I have a fairly decent skillset based on the fact I have been in the industry a long time and a good understanding for business.

I am always looking to see how I can better the business, so always appreciate peoples feedback.

Comment

• garmcqui
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2015

How does one go about getting access to the customer-only section of the forum? When I registered, I had to input an order number, but am still not able to access?

Ta

Comment

• CarsCarpal
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                Maybe a little detail about us then - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/content/4-about-us

But, no we are not owned in anyway by Honeywell and the support we give is entirely off our own back. We are a family business and have small business values. I have a fairly decent skillset based on the fact I have been in the industry a long time and a good understanding for business.

I am always looking to see how I can better the business, so always appreciate peoples feedback.
                Sorry to rekindle an older thread and be still off topic but I wanted to register here and give my feedback - it does make a positive difference to me certainly as whilst I have used Netatmo thermostats we have just moved into a listed property and want better (TRV level) control so moving to an evohome setup.

Netatmo support has been frankly, woeful, so appreciate knowing that you might be able to help me, if necessary. Also it's nice to support family companies rather than the box-shifters. Anyone who used to have a local greengrocer or butcher will likely know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                X