• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Evohome low battery icon in zone

I cannot remember ever seeing a low battery warning icon on the control panel for a zone. Is this something new? Weird thing is that there is no message in the Fault Log about any low batteries.
  • Somebody
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I cannot remember ever seeing a low battery warning icon on the control panel for a zone. Is this something new? Weird thing is that there is no message in the Fault Log about any low batteries.
    Are you on the beta firmware? I'm not on beta, and don't see an icon; only a message:

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

The low battery icon within zone squares on the home screen was there in previous non-beta firmware.

Strange that you're not seeing a message in the fault log though - I have always had a low battery icon accompanied by a fault log entry, and if you clear the fault log the low battery icon will go away. (Until next time the low battery device reports its battery state - every 24 hours)

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

OK shows that I am clearly not bothered about what the Heating system is actually doing in this weather. There was indeed a Fault log entry, but because it was just a few minutes before I had a flood of Fault messages on my Fault log (caused deliberately by me!) that entry had gone onto the next page, out of view.
        This message is obviously from a T87RF because that zone only has that battery operated device.
        Having said that I don't think I have ever seen this icon before, and it could be that because I am using HR80s in my zone and I know they aren't able to transmit a battery level message. The HR80 just goes to low and then resets itself. The only way I know that batteries are actually due for replacements is by watching the frequency of the low battery and restore battery messages.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

I am not on the beta software but must admit I have never noticed a low battery warning. I must look out for it on the 18th August next, or thereabouts, when I am due to get one.

On the subject of batteries, having put lithium’s in the HW sensor I get slightly fewer messages saying connection lost. I still get them though and just ignore them. Undoubtedly a power issue as the batteries drain.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

See what the icon looks like in my first zone.
            Attached Files

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
              I am not on the beta software but must admit I have never noticed a low battery warning. I must look out for it on the 18th August next, or thereabouts, when I am due to get one.

On the subject of batteries, having put lithium’s in the HW sensor I get slightly fewer messages saying connection lost. I still get them though and just ignore them. Undoubtedly a power issue as the batteries drain.
              I should have said “low battery icon”. The warning does appear.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

See what the icon looks like in my first zone.
                You have some high room temperatures showing there and no heating on! Must be warm where you are!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

You have some high room temperatures showing there and no heating on! Must be warm where you are!
                  And check that the outside temperature is as displayed. It's clear that is cannot be used for proper weather compensation.

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

And check that the outside temperature is as displayed. It's clear that is cannot be used for proper weather compensation.
                    Indeed, a remarkable device that on the face of it, when all is off, keeps you at least 8C above the outside temperature. Who needs heating?!!

Comment

Working...
                    X