• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filbert
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Bilbomacuser View Post
    We are looking to get our ancient Baxi Solo 2 PF 50 boiler replaced and after initially considering Worcester-Bosch, are now considering an Intergas so that we can use OpenTherm with our Evohome system. I've just been reading about priority domestic hot water, and the Intergas X plan etc. We will need to replace our old vented cylinder at some point.

With a new condensing boiler using OpenTherm - should we upgrade to the Evohome beta so we get PDHW now, or is the final release of the firmware that supports it imminent?

If Evohome can now achieve PDHW with firmware, is there any need to change our Y plan system? Would replacing the cylinder with one that heats much more quickly an important thing to do before using PDHW/condensing boilers?

Is Intergas the best boiler to use with Evohome, or can anyone recommend other brands to consider that have OpenTherm that works fully with Evohome?

Thanks
    I tried to get a discussion going on this (Combi boilers to work with Evohome) but, unfortunately, it got sidetracked into an admittedly fascinating discussion on hydrogen as a fuel.

Comment

• filbert
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by ally153 View Post

The firmware is now out of beta and has been released to production. We are going through the process of getting approval for OTA updates. This is a gradual roll-out process as we need to update devices in small batches to ensure there are no issues with the OTA process that haven't been picked up during internal & beta testing. The firmware carries the same version number as used in testing (02.00.19.33) and is identical to the latest version beta testers received. Hope this answers your question!
      My controller hasn't been updated yet - is it still being rolled out or has it been held up for some reason?

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

I am considering Intergas, but an Intergas system boiler with a vented or unvented tank driven by mains water pressure. I have in the last couple of days found an Intergas installer local to me. He tells me he understands there has been released recently a special storage vessel that connects to the combi though which may be an alternative. OK this is off the thread but seemed the best place to reply!

Comment

• Bilbomacuser
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2021

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          My controller hasn't been updated yet - is it still being rolled out or has it been held up for some reason?
          Mine is still on 02.00.17.03.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            Have you got it set to normal or partial ? I found partial did have that sort of impact whereas normal really seems to work well for my property ��
            Opposite way around for me. Normal results in cold rooms and radiators reluctant to actually heat up, partial works very well for me, I've been using it for months now.
            Last edited by DBMandrake; 17 January 2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• SteveP
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
              Opposite way around for me. Normal results in cold rooms and radiators reluctant to actually heat up, partial works very well for me, I've been using it for months now.
              According to the latest software version, "Partial is for highly insulated properties to reduce external influences" therefore, Normal is for "normally insulated buildings". I vaguely remember us discussing this recently and both agreed that in the older software version it was the other way around and that we both used the non-highly insulated setting (now called Normal) as we both found using the now Partial setting resulted in the boiler sitting doing not a lot - or am I losing my marbles

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                Automated Home Legend
                • Mar 2017

Partial works very well for me too, although not sure if it's actually saved me any money....

Comment

• DBMandrake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                  Partial works very well for me too, although not sure if it's actually saved me any money....
                  I use it mainly to avoid temperature overshoots caused by scheduled set point changes in warmer weather.

This it does well. I don't expect it to save me any money.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                    I use it mainly to avoid temperature overshoots caused by scheduled set point changes in warmer weather.

This it does well. I don't expect it to save me any money.
                    Isn't that the main idea behind it though? Looking at the Slides on the beta, that seems to be one of the main reasonings.

Because tbh, I rarely suffered from overshoots before.

Comment

• Stevedh
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      Yes I also have a combi and whilst brilliant in many ways a bath does throw the heating !! I’ve got used to that so tend to have wide heat up times that try to avoid bath/ shower times 🤣
                      I had a look back and realised I complained about this last year. Based on the comments then and my experience, I think the problem is when just 1 room is calling for heat. It sort of compensates to the point the boiler never fires.

I really wish I had got OT when I ordered my system, but none of the deals included it so I would have had to have bought it on top of a system with the standard controller and I was being shouted at for spending too much anyway.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                        Isn't that the main idea behind it though? Looking at the Slides on the beta, that seems to be one of the main reasonings.

Because tbh, I rarely suffered from overshoots before.
                        I'm not saying it doesn't save money, just that that is not the reason for me to use the feature, I enable it for smoother temperature control without overshoots. I don't have any data one way or the other on any savings but to be honest I don't really see how it would save money.

Perhaps by increasing the time the boiler is condensing ? If so that doesn't affect me as I don't have a condensing boiler.
                        Last edited by DBMandrake; 18 January 2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Koot
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Jan 2021

The Evohome team

PS Future FW updates are coming later this year. Heat pump support, Cooling, Heat/Cool change over (for professionals) will be a key feature, we hope to run a similar trial later in the year.
                          Signed up for the beta version.
                          Is the already something known about the heating/Cooling function.

Grt koot

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Koot View Post
                            Signed up for the beta version.
                            Is the already something known about the heating/Cooling function.

Grt koot
                            But is not this quote from last year?

Comment

• DorrisMancer
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Nov 2017

Production code roll-out

I've kept my head down while the Beta code was being tested but it seems that the new production code is now starting to be rolled-out. Will people receive a notification that their systems are being updated and be told about the changes, or will it (as I suspect) happen in the background and without notification? If the latter, how do I find out what has changed and what new features I should dabble with?

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DorrisMancer View Post
                                Production code roll-out

I've kept my head down while the Beta code was being tested but it seems that the new production code is now starting to be rolled-out. Will people receive a notification that their systems are being updated and be told about the changes, or will it (as I suspect) happen in the background and without notification? If the latter, how do I find out what has changed and what new features I should dabble with?
                                I am sure nobody will tell you and nothing appears on the screen to let you know but clicking settings it opens the door to what’s new. The more interesting bit is that which tells you which zone has called for heat and in percentage terms how much.

Comment

Working...
                                X