What time does your controller think it is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

What time does your controller think it is?

Mine is currently three or four minutes out.

If we're all out my that much then we're all syncing against a time source that's not correct. But if it's just mine then it obviously isn't syncing at all - perhaps I need to fire up wireshark to find out why not.

P.
  • MrShamus
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2015

The time on my controller is correct. I am using the non-WiFi model with a RFG100 gateway.

Comment

• dty
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Aug 2016

My wifi controller appears to be about a minute ahead of reality.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

I have the wifi model. Mine 2.5 to 3 minutes. Always is. I think I have only had it show the correct time after removing the batteries and when it restarted. It was no long before it was wrong again.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

I checked mine when I got home and it was about 2 minutes ahead of the correct time even though Wifi was connected and automatic time configuration has always been enabled.

I did a battery out reboot and after re-establishing a Wifi connection the time jumped to the correct time. Given we were all seeing different errors and that mine came right after a reboot I would say that the problem is not that the time server time is incorrect, but that the client has stopped syncing with the server (until the reboot) and has just drifted out of time.

Two minutes error in the 30 days or so since I last rebooted the controller seems consistent with normal drift after no longer syncing.

So it looks like the latest firmware still has timekeeping related issues.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            I checked mine when I got home and it was about 2 minutes ahead of the correct time even though Wifi was connected and automatic time configuration has always been enabled.

I did a battery out reboot and after re-establishing a Wifi connection the time jumped to the correct time. Given we were all seeing different errors and that mine came right after a reboot I would say that the problem is not that the time server time is incorrect, but that the client has stopped syncing with the server (until the reboot) and has just drifted out of time.

Two minutes error in the 30 days or so since I last rebooted the controller seems consistent with normal drift after no longer syncing.

So it looks like the latest firmware still has timekeeping related issues.
            I am running beta firmware and my time is fine. New FW's rolling out over the next couple of weeks/months. We will monitor this to see if this fixes (assuming issue in first place).

PS The first couple of FW's are maintenance releases (ensuring security/platforms etc), some new features & updates are due after that, pre Winter. As I get more details I will post.
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Since this thread started I have kept an eye on my Control Panel. It is always 3 minutes ahead of the correct time.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                Since this thread started I have kept an eye on my Control Panel. It is always 3 minutes ahead of the correct time.
                Try rebooting it. Mine is spot on.

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                  Try rebooting it. Mine is spot on.
                  Mine is 2min 30 sec ahead of right time. It seems a bit poor that we would need to reboot the controller to get it to synchronise the time.

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

Mine has been rebooted but it goes back to its 3 minutes difference. It is slightly less than 3. Somewhere between 2.5 and 3.

Comment

• mylesm
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Nov 2015

WiFi Model 2 minutes ahead

Comment

• paulockenden
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Apr 2015

We all seem to (eventually) end up with a similar error.

Which suggests to me we're syncing with a clock that's out.

Comment

• PaulB
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Sep 2015

Can't say I've had this issue, it's always been spot on with the time.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                            We all seem to (eventually) end up with a similar error.

Which suggests to me we're syncing with a clock that's out.
                            That's not what I've observed.

Usually mine is spot on, (at least compared to my iPhone, which syncs with Apple) but when it is out it drifts out gradually and can be a few minutes out by the time I notice it, then when I reboot it within a couple of minutes of connecting to Wifi the time jumps to the correct time.

Comment

• paulockenden
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Apr 2015

Between two and three minutes ahead has been raised by several people now.

P.

Comment

Working...
                              X