• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willdonal
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Those look like Danfoss valves - they are not compatible with an HR92 without the appropriate adaptor - do you have an adaptor fitted between the HR92's black wheel unit and the valve body, something like these ?

The HR92 natively fits M30 x 1.5 threaded valve bodies but that's not what you have.
    They are Danfoss valves and the adaptor that came with the HR92 are fitted to it in order to fit the HR92. Its doing my head in now the colder weather has started coming in, I can have them all on and be very toastie or all off :-( :-(

Comment

• willdonal
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
      He won't have got them on at all without adapters ��
      Hello Dan, earlier you said to unscrew the black wheel fully anti clockwise which I did. I then tried the heating the same result. When I took the valve off again I noticed that the black wheel had gone all the way back in again so I'm presuming that side of it is working. Also when I go in to settings the position is reading 0. But then they all are. Like I say I have an authorised Honeywell installer coming on Thursday to see where the problem lies. Thanks for your responses.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Jun 2012

Sounds like either the adapter is not fitted correctly (quite hard to get wrong though), or try the valves are faulty.

I don't rate Danfoss valves much, but I'd be surprised if they all were duff.

This kind of fault often has a simple solution, but one needs to see it with one's own eyes.
        Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• willdonal
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2017

Sounds like either the adapter is not fitted correctly (quite hard to get wrong though), or try the valves are faulty.

I don't rate Danfoss valves much, but I'd be surprised if they all were duff.

This kind of fault often has a simple solution, but one needs to see it with one's own eyes.
          Thanks Dan for your input. I will put that to the guy on Thursday. :-) :-)

Comment

• basiluk
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by willdonal View Post
            Hello folk, I had the Honeywell evohome system fitted a few days ago. The problem I have is when any of the 14 radiators demand the heating to be switched on, I turned some up to see if it all worked, then all the radiators come on even though the rest of the HR92 radiator controllers are set to 10. In fact yesterday when I switched the water on to boost the temperature via the app, again all the radiators came on. Then to cap it all off when I switched the heating off via the app it stayed on. I had to switch it off via the wireless relay box. Everything is bonded correctly as far as I can be sure, I can set a certain radiator to say 22 on the evohome controller and when I check that radiator it is reading 22. Is this a wiring up problem, a bonding problem or a boiler problem. Thank-you in advance
            I really would suspect tat the valve fitting in not on 100% - They go on very tightly, almost tot he point that you think you are going to break the fitting - It should fit uber tightly over the head.

If all else fails then try changing one fo the values with a Honeywell one (assuming you have generic valves at the moment).

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
              • Feb 2009

The adapter has not been fitted far enough down on the valve body - it’s easy with Danfoss valves to think the adapter collar is fitted correctly when it’s not (you should not see a gap between the valve body and adapter when fully seated).
              Undo the screw on the adapter, open up the adapter where it splits, and it will drop another few mm down onto the valve body, which is the correct position. You should then find the actuator can shut off the flow to the radiator.

It’s easy and obvious to spot once you know what to look for.
              Sensible Heat
              SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• willdonal
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by basiluk View Post
                I really would suspect tat the valve fitting in not on 100% - They go on very tightly, almost tot he point that you think you are going to break the fitting - It should fit uber tightly over the head.

If all else fails then try changing one fo the values with a Honeywell one (assuming you have generic valves at the moment).
                Hello basiluk, I have the adaptor fitted as far on the valve as possible and screwed up to an inch of its life. Then the inners of the HR92 are screwed on to the adaptor again very tightly done up. The body of the HR92 just pushes on to the other bits with a push and click the locking mech. I will speak to the heating engineer on Thursday to see if the danfoss valves need replacing with a different type. thanks :-) :-)

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by willdonal View Post
                  Hello basiluk, I have the adaptor fitted as far on the valve as possible and screwed up to an inch of its life. Then the inners of the HR92 are screwed on to the adaptor again very tightly done up. The body of the HR92 just pushes on to the other bits with a push and click the locking mech. I will speak to the heating engineer on Thursday to see if the danfoss valves need replacing with a different type. thanks :-) :-)
                  I can recommend Honeywell Valencia bodies from The Evohome Shop.

Comment

• willdonal
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                    I can recommend Honeywell Valencia bodies from The Evohome Shop.

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/radiato...mm-angled.html
                    Thanks, if all else fails I'll give these a go. :-) :-)

Comment

• willdonal
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post
                      The adapter has not been fitted far enough down on the valve body - it’s easy with Danfoss valves to think the adapter collar is fitted correctly when it’s not (you should not see a gap between the valve body and adapter when fully seated).
                      Undo the screw on the adapter, open up the adapter where it splits, and it will drop another few mm down onto the valve body, which is the correct position. You should then find the actuator can shut off the flow to the radiator.

hello, I think you may just have solved it. The first radiator I took the valve off and splayed the adaptor out and it went in to the radiator a good 2/3 mm. I will post later to let you know how I get on. I cant do all the radiators tonight as kids are sleeping. You may well have just hit the nail on the head :-) :-) :-)

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Jun 2012

I have and a single valve body screw an entire system.

Your kids must be light sleepers 😆

Comment

• willdonal
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Oct 2017

I have and a single valve body screw an entire system.

Your kids must be light sleepers ��
                          Hi Dan, I have sneaked in and now have all radiator adaptors seated properly. I have put the heating on for just the living room so in half an hour I should be able to say whether sensibleheatuk has solved it for me. One other slight problem I had to go to the wireless relay box and press the button for it to switch on the heating. It will switch off via the controller but not on. Thanks

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Jun 2012

Hopefully SH is there as well as me 😘. He's more experienced with this 5hsn most of us in the field.

You still have to tell is how long you are waiting before drawing conclusions to reaction events (or lack of).

Manual interventions with this stuff does upset it. One of the things I try and make new owners understand is that it is supposed to be quasi autonomous.

Comment

• willdonal
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post

You are a star, all 14 radiators had the adaptor fitted slightly incorrectly. I undid them and splayed the collar and they all went in a good 2/3 mm. I now have the living room radiators on and everything else is off :-) :-) :-) A very happy bunny in north east Scotland. thanks to all for your inputs. Great help. thank-you very much :-) :-)

Comment

• willdonal
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Oct 2017

Hopefully SH is there as well as me ��. He's more experienced with this 5hsn most of us in the field.

You still have to tell is how long you are waiting before drawing conclusions to reaction events (or lack of).

Manual interventions with this stuff does upset it. One of the things I try and make new owners understand is that it is supposed to be quasi autonomous.
                                Thanks Dan, I have just gone in to the controller, cancelled the override and the heating is now off. The heating goes off within 30 seconds of telling it but not sure on how long I have to wait for it to come on. After a minute I just pressed the button on the wireless relay box. a bit impatient :-) :-) Tomorrow I will have more time and have a play. thanks for all your answers :-) :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X