X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arrghh!
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2015

I've chased them on Facebook and I still have an outstanding support ticket open for another problem they have promised to contact me about today but haven't heard back from them yet. I can only hope they are busy trying to fix the problems, but they can't have a very resilient server/network if this keeps happening.

Lucky I've still got an immersion heater I can switch on or we'd have no hot water!

Comment

• mart1711
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2016

When this happened a few months ago, I raised a ticket. They eventually responded a week later asking whether the issue had been resolved (which of course it had by then). The most frustrating thing (to me) is that more often than not, eventually the controller WILL get the values transmitted through API (app or other means) - but there is no way of knowing how LONG that will take. I turned a room on through the API yesterday (set to 21). Half an hour later, nothing had happened so I did manually on the controller. An hour later I turned it off (set to 10) at the controller. Two hours after, my initial set point of 21 made it to the controller after all and it came on again. Grrrrr. Dont' know what irks me more - the fact this keeps happening (more and more often it seems) or that the web page still says: "Service fully operational"

Comment

• Arrghh!
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Dec 2015

Does anyone from Resideo/Honeywell ever visit this forum?

Where else can we highlight these issues so they're seen by a wider audience? FB groups?

Comment

• peterf
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2015

I have the impression that these problems occur more often at weekends/holiday times. I wonder if that's when they change/upgrade servers?

Unfortunately that's the time when most people would wish to make use of the app.

Comment

• Arrghh!
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by peterf View Post
            I have the impression that these problems occur more often at weekends/holiday times. I wonder if that's when they change/upgrade servers?

Unfortunately that's the time when most people would wish to make use of the app.
            Well, if they are doing work they think will disrupt the service they should be informing us beforehand. If it's not a planned outage then they seem to have a problem with change management! Either way the issues I've been having recently are not at all acceptable. I installed Evohome in my elderly mother's house (2 hours from me) because she is incapable of controlling the heating herself and when we get these issues I feel very sorry for her having to wake up to a cold bedroom, which is what happened a few days ago.

Comment

• Plangin
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2015

Every time the Honeywell service becomes unreliable (and that's happened too often in the 3 years I use the system), I think of the real end users who are helpless and can only call their plumber at Christmas time to solve the problem.

I see myself as an advanced user (all devices purchased from Amazon, self-installed, running a Homebridge because Honeywell still does not want to make my hardware HomeKit-compatible) and am extremely annoyed myself. And my wife can be exhausting when something in the smart home does not work again...

Bottom line, I can not recommend Honeywell to my friends. No, such an unreliable system should not have a chance in the market.

Comment

• FullBore
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2016

Yet again the Honeywell service was "down for maintenance" round about 06:00 GMT today. No prewarning, or notification that it was back up again.

Yesterday changes I made over the internet did not take effect; I did at least get notification.

Honeywell MUST get its act together. It is becoming increasingly unreliable.

FB

Comment

• BuxtonJim
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Aug 2018

Where to begin with this..........? As we all know: when it works as billed, Evo is superb.
                  As with others here I was let down on Sunday returning to a cold house after thinking I'd fired it back to my custom schedule 2 hours before returning. So it seems that a core selling point of smart heating is unreliable in what is supposed to be a flagship system. To be honest, I'm not particularly impressed with the build quality of the hardware or indeed the flexibility of the firmware incorporated in the Evotouch itself. There are workarounds for some of the things I want it to do but my partner is less willing to play around with tech.

Originally I bought the 'touch and relay + 12 valves in addition to a DT92 and additional relay. The latter BDR came out of the box with a missing terminal block in its backbox which was only discovered when the installer opened it. Separately the display itself started regularly bleeping whenever its table stand was disturbed and it intermittently lost mains power. Turning the power jack seemed to restore things eventually indicating a dry joint or whatever. JTM replaced the table stand by return and were superb, not so the company where I bought the DT92/relay set up. This shower demanded the the whole relay be returned before they'd replace the back box which would have meant the install wouldn't have been completed and we'd have been without heat for a few days in the run up to the break. This was NOT JTM!

Yes overall when it works as billed Evo answers most of my needs despite its creaks. If it worked reliably via the app (as sold by Honeywell!) I'd be a contented customer. Currently I feel a lot less confident after my brief experience of the system.

Comment

• peterf
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2015

Interesting. When I posted on 23rd December about a mismatch between the app and what was going on with the system, this was really the only difficulty I've had with it in over three years (apart from the necessity to re-enter log in details of course). I employ geofencing with IFTTT when my son isn't around - which he normally isn't these days, and that also appears pretty trouble-free apart from a glitch earlier this week.
                    My system is the old-style model without wifi with the gateway plugged directly into the router which in turn is connected to the Internet via a synchronous fibre to premises connection running at 200Mbps. I tend to work pretty locally most of the time and I'm in a rural upland area in the midlands with generally poor mobile coverage and several dead spots but when I do get coverage the app seems to work OK for me.
                    Working in IT and, being home-based, my internal network is pretty highly specified.

I wonder if there's a link between the Internet connection that people have and the variety of experience that's apparent? Also be interesting to know if the problems are more prevalent with the wifi units compared with those having the separate gateway.

Comment

• HenGus
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • May 2014

Interesting. When I posted on 23rd December about a mismatch between the app and what was going on with the system, this was really the only difficulty I've had with it in over three years (apart from the necessity to re-enter log in details of course). I employ geofencing with IFTTT when my son isn't around - which he normally isn't these days, and that also appears pretty trouble-free apart from a glitch earlier this week.
                      My system is the old-style model without wifi with the gateway plugged directly into the router which in turn is connected to the Internet via a synchronous fibre to premises connection running at 200Mbps. I tend to work pretty locally most of the time and I'm in a rural upland area in the midlands with generally poor mobile coverage and several dead spots but when I do get coverage the app seems to work OK for me.
                      Working in IT and, being home-based, my internal network is pretty highly specified.

I wonder if there's a link between the Internet connection that people have and the variety of experience that's apparent? Also be interesting to know if the problems are more prevalent with the wifi units compared with those having the separate gateway.
                      I had one failure with the App that suggested to me that it was one of the system’s weak links. In fairness to the App, I suspect that I might have been partly to blame as I made two zone changes in quick succession. I came home to a frozen screen on the Evotouch controller. I resolved thereafter not to use the App.

Comment

• JamboV6
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Oct 2017

I haven't been able to log in to the app for over a week. Initially it kept saying incorrect password/email even though I could log in online with the same details. I went through the reset process anyway. Now when I try to log in it either just clears the details and asks for them again or momentarily displays my zones then kicks me off.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by JamboV6 View Post
                          I haven't been able to log in to the app for over a week. Initially it kept saying incorrect password/email even though I could log in online with the same details. I went through the reset process anyway. Now when I try to log in it either just clears the details and asks for them again or momentarily displays my zones then kicks me off.
                          Got no problems at all. Can operate it on all devices, logging in and out is not an issue. Making changes to zones is fine. It works. What I find difficult to access is the web site. I log in and it usually immediately logs me out again.

Comment

• chrisgare
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2013

I don't have any answers to the concerns expressed here. I've just logged onto Honeywell Home app, uplifted a zone to 22 degrees and it changed on the controller within 30 seconds. I don't use the app all that much and it was accessing Honewell's service via Wi-Fi but all seems OK with me. I usually try this when I hear of problems and it's always worked with me.

I just logged into https://international.mytotalconnect...Account/Login? and it was fine with me.

Perhaps I should think myself lucky but over the 5 odd years I've been using Evohome the only problems I've had (and they are annoying) is the controller batteries not charging and locked clocks.

Sorry this doesn't help!

I should add that I'm using Android on the mobile and Firefox on the PC.

Chris
                            Last edited by chrisgare; 29 December 2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• peterf
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Jan 2015

But it's helpful to know Chris that some of us experience very few problems (apart from the repeated log in requests), whereas others appear to be hit by a litany of failures. Surely that can't be just down to bad luck.

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

But it's helpful to know Chris that some of us experience very few problems (apart from the repeated log in requests), whereas others appear to be hit by a litany of failures. Surely that can't be just down to bad luck.
                                It may be location. I am in the UK. It may be a user error or an external issue in the domestic setup. I certainly have no problems using the app (using an iPhone). Indeed, my grand daughter who believes that having a shower is a half job, has just drained the tank of hot water and I have had to override the schedule to re-heat. Mind you I waited, watching the temperature drop until I knew she would get a shock when the water went cold on her!

Can’t access the internet site though. Log in and it’s a straight log out again. This now seems to happen all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X