• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    G4RHL, I sent you a PM could you reply please and we will update your unit. Ta AtM
    ‘‘Twas done yesterday

Comment

• Andy the Minion
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by frankmalia View Post
      Cold boost working I think, see pics. got mine set to 0.5'C boost and it has change schedule setpoint up by 0.5C and placed the boost symbol on screen. Rooms selected for boost did not boost if SP was below 16C and less than -10C from SP, So goooood. Its a great start.. I am sure we will all ask for the -10C to be variable, and variable by room Not all rooms have same insulation values

Have seen a issue since software update.

Madisons Room was manually changed on TRV to 18.5C but instead of clock override symbol I got the permanent loop symbol, see picture, so would of stayed permanent at 18.5C', had to cancel from touch panel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1524[/ATTACH]
      Thanks Frankmalia, The parameter for the outside temperature, I was expecting that Its another of those tricky balance issues, I absolutely know that you guys will 'get it' and enjoy the detail and nuance but as is often the case its the 250,000 other users that are not on the forum that I worry about. We considered it carefully but finally went for the light touch mainly because heat loss is a feature that needs a bit of understanding if it is going to be a useful parameter and unfortunatly I know some installers that wont ever understand the function
      I dont rule it out but it would have to be hidden in installer settings and its not currently planned for the next release. I would like to see how the population settles into the new features before we do something.
      Did you follow and accept the monitoring invite in the email? You will be very pleased to know I don’t have a way to connect users names here to MAC addresses but if you did, PM me with a MAC or email address and I can see if we can tell where the permanent override originated
      Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• Andy the Minion
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
        ‘‘Twas done yesterday
        I dont see a reply to the PM, did you apply a third time?
        Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

could we PLEASE get a variable Economy threshold setting. There is even pre designed UI screens and screen real estate available to allow this. Economy could be such a useful feature and it's a real shame that it simply doesn't get used.

Comment

• Andy the Minion
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            could we PLEASE get a variable Economy threshold setting. There is even pre designed UI screens and screen real estate available to allow this. Economy could be such a useful feature and it's a real shame that it simply doesn't get used.
            Okay, no promises but I will ask what the effort is in testing (thats where the time issue is) and see if it can be snuck in.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
              Just had email too, my boiler is missing too. No Glow Worms as a manufacture on list (Major boiler here in the UK too) Mine is an older model but still no manufacture. (So I've just put it down as 'Brand' and wrote name and model in Serial no section)

Oh and at the end of the email, Software HW Priority? Did I read that correctly?!
              Same problem here! Old Glow worm boiler and no way to enter it properly in the form which does not offer any "other" options with manual text entry... so I've done the same as you.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                One problem with any of the quick action functions is that with us now staying at home all the time we have our system permanently in "Day Off" mode which follows the Saturday schedule. So I can't use another function like Eco. (or the adjustable boost/cut that we'd all like to see in the place of Eco)

I'm sure this was suggested in the last round of suggestions a year ago but Day Off really needs to be a separate setting to the other quick actions so that it can run concurrently. Otherwise when you're home on a day which would otherwise be a week day schedule you can't use the custom or eco actions in combination with the day off schedule.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                  One problem with any of the quick action functions is that with us now staying at home all the time we have our system permanently in "Day Off" mode which follows the Saturday schedule. So I can't use another function like Eco. (or the adjustable boost/cut that we'd all like to see in the place of Eco)

I'm sure this was suggested in the last round of suggestions a year ago but Day Off really needs to be a separate setting to the other quick actions so that it can run concurrently. Otherwise when you're home on a day which would otherwise be a week day schedule you can't use the custom or eco actions in combination with the day off schedule.
                  Don't think we've got any chance of getting that

Comment

• SteveP
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Dec 2012

Same problem here! Old Glow worm boiler and no way to enter it properly in the form which does not offer any "other" options with manual text entry... so I've done the same as you.
                    I didn’t get a boiler option when I registered - does it depend upon whether you use total connect or Honeywell home?

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

It seems there are a number of us with “old Glow Worm boilers”. It says a lot for their long life qualities. Unlike today’s versions

I still await my beta update so am intrigued to see what it looks like.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                        It seems there are a number of us with “old Glow Worm boilers”. It says a lot for their long life qualities. Unlike today’s versions

I still await my beta update so am intrigued to see what it looks like.
                        Yes, the old Glow Worms before they got bought out by Vaillant Group and before they went to condensing models are really good boilers. Our estate here were fitted with Glow Worm Ultimates and many still are going over 20 years including my own. Got a few old floor standing older models on our books too. Actually the Ultimate is one of my favourite boilers to work on.

Comment

• SteveP
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Dec 2012

Don't think we've got any chance of getting that
                          Yep a tad tricky as really requires multiple save/restore schedule selection that can then be impacted by the various overlay functions. Anyway new facilities settling in nicely and lots of new symbols appearing on the enabled zones Already noticing a more “steady” and relevant nature to the heat in the house and noticed lots more small boiler runs than normal
                          I assume (careful you know what they say about assumptions!) that the iOS and android apps will be updated at some time to reflect the new symbols?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            Noticed lots more small boiler runs than normal
                            I assume (careful you know what they say about assumptions!) that the iOS and android apps will be updated at some time to reflect the new symbols?
                            Yes i've noticed that too, seems to be on and off a lot more (Came on 5 times in 30 mins for about 2 mins each time). Not sure it's a good thing, especially when i've got a 5 minute pump overrun every time it fires (So my pump is nearly running constantly). Gas bill might go down but think the electric bill will be going up!

Also lot more wear and tear on firing and cycling, and pump running - putting it down to learning at first but shall see how it goes going forward.

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Yes, the old Glow Worms before they got bought out by Vaillant Group and before they went to condensing models are really good boilers. Our estate here were fitted with Glow Worm Ultimates and many still are going over 20 years including my own. Got a few old floor standing older models on our books too. Actually the Ultimate is one of my favourite boilers to work on.
                              Mine is a Glow Worm Ultimate, now approaching 23 years old. 2 years ago the fan started getting noisy, I bought a replacement but never fitted it, as the occasional squirt of lubricant does the job. The new fan cost me just over £100, rather different from the last time I had it replaced and quoted replacement costs of over £300! My service man every year says it’s one of the best they come across unlike today’s stuff. But I need to consider its replacement and new radiators as other things are afoot in the house including decorating and logic says do the boiler first. Well the lady of the manor would so dictate!

Comment

• DBMandrake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Sep 2014

Only 20 years ? Ours is a Hideaway 80B which was in the property when we moved in in 2016. I don't know exactly how old it is however left over documentation suggests it was probably installed in the early 90's... in the 4 years we've been here the only fault it has had is the electrovalve coil for the gas solenoid went open circuit - which I repaired myself for £25 as the coil can be trivially removed and replaced with one screw without touching anything gas or firebox related. Not an efficient boiler I'm sure but I'm loathe to spend a lot of money replacing it until I have to as the replacement won't last nearly as long.

Comment

Working...
                                X