Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evotouch + 3 hr92, different temperature

Automated Home Lurker

Default Evotouch + 3 hr92, different temperature

Hi guys, hope you are doing well.
    I have this one for you, i have in my living room the evotouch set as temperature sensor plus 3 hr92, the zone is set as Single zone, with heating type as radiator valves... The issue i have is that when i set a temperature the 3 hr92 behave differently, basically just one open the valve at 100%, the other just a bit (the bottom of the radiator remains barely warm - not na issue of air, if i manually open the valve it goes fully hot) and the third one remains pretty much off...this is quite an issue since the behaviour doesn't allow me to get to the set temperature...any idea? Is there maybe a software update on the hr92?

Thanks,

Daniele

Automated Home Legend

My initial thought is whether inadvertently you have one or more of the HR92s configured as the temperature. My approach would be to unpair them all, reset each and start again ensuring that only the control panel is configured as the sensor.

Automated Home Legend

Another thing I would check is whether the HR92's are really opening to different pin positions - this seems unlikely.

When the problem is exhibiting (some radiators hot and others cold) go into the menu all three HR92's (hold the button for 5 seconds) then go to option 10 and change it to 1. This will put it into valve position display for a few minutes.

This is a percentage of valve pin travel. 0% means the pin is pushed down hard and fully closed (no flow) 100% means the valve pin is fully released. (maximum flow)

If the valve body is properly compatible with the HR92 you will find the radiator just starts to get get warm at an indicated 30-35% (and should be cold below 30%) and should be fully hot by around 70-80%.

My guess is that the HR92's are all opening to the same valve pin position but there is a compatibility problem with the valve bodies or they are not fitted to the valve bodies properly. In other words a mechanical problem.

Are you using an adaptor to fit your valve bodies ? Are all three valve bodies identical types ?

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Another thing I would check is whether the HR92's are really opening to different pin positions - this seems unlikely.

When the problem is exhibiting (some radiators hot and others cold) go into the menu all three HR92's (hold the button for 5 seconds) then go to option 10 and change it to 1. This will put it into valve position display for a few minutes.

This is a percentage of valve pin travel. 0% means the pin is pushed down hard and fully closed (no flow) 100% means the valve pin is fully released. (maximum flow)

If the valve body is properly compatible with the HR92 you will find the radiator just starts to get get warm at an indicated 30-35% (and should be cold below 30%) and should be fully hot by around 70-80%.

My guess is that the HR92's are all opening to the same valve pin position but there is a compatibility problem with the valve bodies or they are not fitted to the valve bodies properly. In other words a mechanical problem.

Are you using an adaptor to fit your valve bodies ? Are all three valve bodies identical types ?
    Hi mate,

I haven't thought about that, i will do it and check.
    The valves are all the same and they are like these ones https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1TW4ELXXXXXXNXXXXq6xXFXXX5/NEW-TYPE-CE-M30-1-5mm-thermostatic-radiator-valve-with-DN15-Radiator-Valve-15mm-radiator-valve.jpg

M30*1.5mm

Pretty standard, i put the adaptor i found on the honeywell evotouch box.

Do you think the stroke function (n 6) could help if set to 1 full stroke?

Should i screw the adaptors hardly on the valve?

Thanks
    Last edited by Darro1988; 8th October 2020 at 01:12 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    My initial thought is whether inadvertently you have one or more of the HR92s configured as the temperature. My approach would be to unpair them all, reset each and start again ensuring that only the control panel is configured as the sensor.
    Hi man, thanks for your reply, I would exclude that since the temperature around the hr92s is much higher during heating than what is showed on the evotouch and on top of it, while I'm on the room setting, I can see the evotouch set as temperature sensor... I thought it was that at the very beginning and I did several tentatives between bounding, unbounding, deleting the room etc...

Btw thanks again

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi

In the options you can change settings from multi to single zone. Not sure what one are you on.
    I have had 2 rads and evo in livingroom and decided to split it two two separate zone ie dining and living. for better control.

The hr92 will work independtly as far as I remeber, the first hr92 in the zone is used to be valid for temperature and evo (depending on settings)

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Mid112 View Post
    Hi

In the options you can change settings from multi to single zone. Not sure what one are you on.
    I have had 2 rads and evo in livingroom and decided to split it two two separate zone ie dining and living. for better control.

The hr92 will work independtly as far as I remeber, the first hr92 in the zone is used to be valid for temperature and evo (depending on settings)
    Hi,

All the zones i have are set a single zone.

I just want the evotouch as temperature sensor and the hr92s as actuators working in the same way in all livingroom. Being the hr92s close to the radiator, if the temperature is taken there then it would not be reliable as room temperature.

Daniele

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darro1988 View Post
    Hi,

All the zones i have are set a single zone.

I just want the evotouch as temperature sensor and the hr92s as actuators working in the same way in all livingroom. Being the hr92s close to the radiator, if the temperature is taken there then it would not be reliable as room temperature.

Daniele
    I dont think it works that way. They all work a bit independently to what i have found out.

Automated Home Lurker

I dont think it works that way. They all work a bit independently to what i have found out.
    Ok I see, well technically it shouldn't unless there are some sort of AI that understand the radiators behaviour and capacity...might be a matter of the adaptors as mentioned in the previous post by DBMandrake

Automated Home Legend

The valve pin positions will not be identical between multiple HR92's in the same zone in single room mode, but in my experience they'll be within about 5% of each other. Certainly not enough to explain one radiator hot and one radiator cold.

While the HR92's all have their own independent logic, when they're in a single room zone they are all receiving the same inputs - the same set point and the same measured room temperature relayed via the controller, so they tend to make the same decisions about the valve pin position.

It will be interesting to see what the three different valve pin positions are when checked.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 8th October 2020 at 04:25 PM.