• Show
Clear All
  • qba
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2008

DRH module LEDs

Hello,
    In help I found within DRH module description:
    It has 2 LEDs which can be independently controlled or can be made to reflect the state of a digital input or output.
    I'd like to ask how to made LEDs to reflect state of relays?
    Currently I controll relays manually by Cortex or by general logic object.
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

It's normally automatic if the button is used to control (eg toggle) the relay, whether on the same module or on a remote object. LED automatic mode is indicated by the LED represented on button behaviour dialog having no coloured ring around it.

If you want the LED to reflect the state of a relay that is not controlled by the button you will have to set user controlled mode and set up a connection between the relay you want to track and the LED.

If you click on the LED icon it will cycle through automatic, used controlled (yellow circle) and user controlled inverted (blue circle).

The help in Cortex on this topic is pretty good, go to the buttons behaviour panel and then click on the help icon (bottom left) to go straight to the relevant section.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• qba
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jun 2008

Thank you for quick answer.
      It works for the every DRB module, but the DRH has no buttons.
      The LED's objects are available in Cortex at the DRB module buttons object
      I don't see any property leading to the LEDs on the DRH module.

Comment

• Gumby
        • May 2004

Doh! You are right - I've just connected a DRH to try it.

Looks like some functionality needs to be added to the DRH object ...
        ----------------------
        www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• jpdw
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Gumby View Post
          Doh! You are right - I've just connected a DRH to try it.

Looks like some functionality needs to be added to the DRH object ...
          Sounds like the 4 LEDs on the Quad Din-Rail relay (QRI). I always assumed that the LEDs were physically connected to the output driving the relay... but if it's soft controlled it would be really nice for that to be accessible & able to be set to On but flashing.
          Jon

Comment

• Gumby
            • May 2004

The difference is the datasheet for the QRI calls them "relay indicator LEDs" whereas the DRH ones are called "general purpose LED indicator outputs".

So my guess is that the Cortex object for the DRH omits the control functionality normally mapped to the button function because the DRH has no buttons.

In the case of the QRI I am guessing that all microcontroller I/O has been used up on the relays and digital inputs and hence the LEDs are hard wired.

I'm sure we'll get definitive clarification soon enough
            ----------------------
            www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Viv
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Dec 2004

Gentlemen you assumptions are correct. That is the QRI's LED's are hard connected to represent the relay states.

The DRH does have soft control of the LED's but Cortex does not provide a means of controlling these. The buttons and leds are treated as a single entity with the buttons representing the input and the LED's the output. As the DRH is lacking buttons then controlling the LED's has been omitted.

We will put it on the list for future enhancements.

Viv

Comment

Working...
              X