• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Apparently the controller has a "Day Off with Eco Until" Quick action

I was reading through some old documentation and found that the Evohome controller seems to have a mode called "Day Off with Eco" I don't believe we can set this via the controller, but it is possible via the HGI80. Any one ever used this?
    With a lot of us working/schooling from home the controller seems to be permanently set to "Day Off" but then you cannot use "Eco" and this is why this mode caught my attention.
  • frankmalia
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2019

Been using it all year its ace.

by default it uses saturday schedule.

can use on app and online
    Controller day off 01.jpgController day off 02.jpgController day off 03.jpgController day off 04.jpgController day off 05.jpg

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

How are you able to use the Day Off and the Eco quick action together via the Controller?

Comment

• frankmalia
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Apr 2019

ah sorry, no you cannot, do that, easily..

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

You can, just not via the controller. That was my discovery. But if you could do it via the Controller, I would have been a tad bit embarrassed.

Comment

• frankmalia
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Apr 2019

yeah i mis read your post,i should be the embarrassed one

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

I'll try and get this coded into Domoticz when I get some time and work out how the web part of the code works. I've tested it manually and it works pretty well actually. Only issue is that the controller shows this as "Day Off" the icon used in the zone is from "Day Off" but it's only when you look at the setpoints, you realise that it has applied the Eco setting to the Day Off setpoints, which is exactly what I think we might need come the Spring. In lockdown, every day is a "Day Off"!!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

If you have an HGI80 or similar then it's quite easy to switch the controller to this hidden "Day Off with Eco" mode. There is another hidden mode called "Auto with Reset", which makes all zones follow the schedule, even those that are set to Permanent override,

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

I don’t have the need for the likes of Day Off but do use the Custom mode. Mine is configured to put the whole house at 19C, used if it has been a cold night and I want to make it more comfortable for guests etc. Talking of cold nights I generally find rooms drop to around 15C if it is -1C outside. Frequent looking at the Panel first thing in the morning does highlight which rooms cool the most - more exposed outside walls, North facing. I look forward to a new boiler next week and OpenTherm etc. Play time again. I am sure Evohome will perform far better for me. Not that I am unhappy with what it does now. Might even try optimisation again.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

Whole system optimisation is a wasted feature that I never use any more. It has no place in a Zoned environment. Bring back the Zoned optimisation from the V2 controllers Resideo.

But the Smart weather boost for the Colder rooms, works quite nicely. Similar to you, I noted which rooms lost the most heat overnight and now only set those to be boosted a little.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                      I was reading through some old documentation and found that the Evohome controller seems to have a mode called "Day Off with Eco" I don't believe we can set this via the controller, but it is possible via the HGI80. Any one ever used this?
                      With a lot of us working/schooling from home the controller seems to be permanently set to "Day Off" but then you cannot use "Eco" and this is why this mode caught my attention.
                      I would dearly love to have Day off with Eco mode properly accessible on the controller.

I've been pointing out the limitation of not being able to combine Day Off mode with any other mode on here for years now, in the suggestion thread, in the beta firmware thread etc but no response from Honeywell about this seemingly obvious shortcoming.

Working from home intermittently during lockdowns Day Off mode is getting used extensively, and this makes it impossible to use the newly enhanced Eco/Boost mode. Really, Day Off mode should be separated from the other quick actions, but that's a separate debate.

In case Honeywell is reading this there is also still a bug in the phone apps regarding Day Off mode which has been there forever. If the system is on Day Off mode the app is aware of this, however when you try to do a manual override for a zone from the app, the default end time is for todays schedule not the Day Off schedule as it should be - quite annoying...

Should be easily fixable, assuming that the Honeywell servers know which day of the week the day off schedule is configured to be! (Defaults to Saturday, but can be changed in the controller config...)

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

Would it help, if I published the command to put the controller into "Day Off With Eco" mode? Then those with an HGI80 or similar can atleast benefit from the feature. Looking at the Domoticz, I don't think its a quick fix, to introduce the new mode, so could be a while.
                        Just that from the Controller UI, there is no way of easily telling it's any different than the normal "Day Off". It's only when you look at the zone setpoints you notice they are all set to your Eco/Boost setting while in "Day Off" mode.
                        The "Auto with reset" mode that I also found is less useful.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Sep 2014

Feel free to publish the details - although I don't personally have anything set up that could take advantage of it.

I haven't run Domoticz for a long time and only have a NanoCUL running receive only firmware.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jul 2014

Really time to upgrade the firmware on that NanoCUL, things have moved on quite a bit on the firmware side of things

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                              Whole system optimisation is a wasted feature that I never use any more. It has no place in a Zoned environment. Bring back the Zoned optimisation from the V2 controllers Resideo.

But the Smart weather boost for the Colder rooms, works quite nicely. Similar to you, I noted which rooms lost the most heat overnight and now only set those to be boosted a little.
                              I agree it’s the zones that should have the optimisation unless it is something to do with a relationship with OpenTherm and/or outside sensors. An area I shall begin to explore in a week’s time with a new boiler in place. I find my rooms have the chill off them sufficient to be comfortable within 10 minutes of switch on. Optimisation just not worth it in that case.

Comment

Working...
                              X