• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FUNKYDADDIO
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2016

HR92 completely died..

Hi, one of my valves died last night. No low battery warning and still shows on controller but nothing on the actual valve but a blank screen. Have tried cleaning battery contacts. Any other ideas folks? Thanks..
  • filbert
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2017

Have you changed the batteries? If only to eliminate that possibility.
    Does the valve react to changes you make to the zone on the controller? It could be that the screen has died but that the HR92 will still function. Others will know how likely that is

Comment

• FUNKYDADDIO
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2016

Thanks but nothing happens, no movement or noise. Still showing on controller though although with a false temperature. Has started on a second valve now which is intermittently losing full power..

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

Try batteries from a different batch. I had something similar with some Duracells a couple of years ago which turned out to be a bad batch. They were genuine, not knock-offs.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FUNKYDADDIO View Post
          Thanks but nothing happens, no movement or noise. Still showing on controller though although with a false temperature. Has started on a second valve now which is intermittently losing full power..
          Look for threads here discussing the battery contacts in HR92's. Lots of problems with these.

I have to semi-regularly tension the battery contacts in mine, both the bottom ones and occasionally bend the shorting bar at the top for a better connection. The battery contacts are all as soft as butter so don't hold their spring shape over time. Design flaw if you ask me.

Comment

• FUNKYDADDIO
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2016

Thanks guys, I have changed batteries with no joy so could be the battery contacts. Will give that a go. Many thanks again..

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FUNKYDADDIO View Post
              Thanks guys, I have changed batteries with no joy so could be the battery contacts. Will give that a go. Many thanks again..
              I meant to check the battery contents for the one "intermittently losing full power" as that is a common problem. I don't think it will help on your one that has died completely but you never know!

Comment

• FUNKYDADDIO
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Nov 2016

Many thanks folks, top metal clip down in to of battery was knackered. Wedged now with paper and working. Very poor design in my opinion..

Comment

Working...
                X