• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svu
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2006

TV senders: want something different

I looked around and found the following facts:

1. All TV senders I could find are using 2.4GHz which makes them fight with wifi. Is there any sender which would use different band?

2. All TV senders are transmitting analog signal. Is there any sender which would use digital transmission (not necessarily wifi - it can be something proprietary) - or at least provide some special anti-noise protection. I am sick of the fact that my video transmitter goes mad once I turn my microwave owen on...

Thanks!
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I can supply an analogue 0.9/1.2 GHz transmitter and receiver. This is actually designed for security cameras. It has audio and video so would work for any video source. It has an outdoor range of 200 to 300m. I guess if you changed the aerial you could improve on this. Cost is about 95 euros plus shipping.

If you want a digital based 5.2GHz then look here http://www.avtechsolutions.com/he_av_senders.htm

Since microwave ovens have a frequency of about 2.45 GHz, then there should be less interference on the above systems. But it also depends on how close to the oven you are. I've seen VHF baby monitors get effected by being too close to the microwave.

Also have a look on ebay you may find something on there.
    Hope this helps.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• svu
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Sep 2006

toscal: Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I will check avtech and think about your offer! I was really surprized vendors are so inactive in this area...

Comment

• TimH
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2004

Does it have to be wireless? A wired solution would be much more robust.
        Have a browse at www.kat5.tv, these units are very well thought of. There's also the dedicated KAT5 forum here on Automated Home if you've got questions.

HTH,

Tim.

Originally posted by svu View Post
        I looked around and found the following facts:

1. All TV senders I could find are using 2.4GHz which makes them fight with wifi. Is there any sender which would use different band?

2. All TV senders are transmitting analog signal. Is there any sender which would use digital transmission (not necessarily wifi - it can be something proprietary) - or at least provide some special anti-noise protection. I am sick of the fact that my video transmitter goes mad once I turn my microwave owen on...

Thanks!
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

• TimH
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2004

I've had another thought, and it is really me just thinking aloud - I don't know whether it will work for sure (i.e. don't blame me if it doesn't work )

Devolo used to do these things:
          Official manufacturer website and online shop✓ Magic Powerline adapter✓ Smart Home✓ Wi-Fi booster✓ Up-to-date downloads✓ 3-year manufacturer's warranty✓

Where you could transmit analogue and/or digital audio around your house over mains electrical wiring. See the datasheet here:

I wonder whether you could use the digital audio channel for video, it is 75ohm... or transmit mono audio via one of the audio socket and video via the other audio socket. It appears you'd need two of the shown adaptors, but it might work.

Since they're now discontinued I guess you're looking at ebay as a possible source.

Good luck,

Tim.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

It seems this device converts audio to MP3 at 192Kbps and streams this, so it wouldn't work.
            But what about a slingbox and one of devolo's lan kits.
            IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
            X