X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

That's waterfall vs. agile development. A small incremental feature addition could make a big change to the product, but it needs to wait till the next major release.

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

Electric zone support is featured in future FW release (boiler not firing etc)
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• HeathU
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Apr 2014

I've just received the Nu-heat design, which shows manifold ports 1-6 for zone 1 and ports 7-8 for zone 2. Each zone is going to be controlled with a T87RF2033 single zone thermostat. Just noticed in the HCC80R spec that it is limited to 3 thermal actuators per zone. Any suggestions how I can get around the limitation and still end up with only 2 zones for WUFH?

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by HeathU View Post
          I've just received the Nu-heat design, which shows manifold ports 1-6 for zone 1 and ports 7-8 for zone 2. Each zone is going to be controlled with a T87RF2033 single zone thermostat. Just noticed in the HCC80R spec that it is limited to 3 thermal actuators per zone. Any suggestions how I can get around the limitation and still end up with only 2 zones for WUFH?
          sounds like a large area if there are 6 loops?

i would suggest halving this into 2 zones with a wireless room sensor at either end of the area
          I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• HeathU
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Apr 2014

It's an open plan kitchen area (9m x 9m) plus a loop into the utility room. I'd rather avoid multiple zones as I'm nearly maxed on on zones for the evohome controller due to HR92's. Could the 6 actuators be wired into some kind of junction box then into the HCC80R? Seems an odd limitation as other wiring centres must support more than 3 actuators per zone.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
              • Feb 2009

There is nothing stopping you from wiring up the actuators to all 5 zones (or all 8 using the HCS80 expansion card) and then register each to the same Evo Touch zone andnroom sensor. So you could use all connectors from Zones 1-3 on your HCC80R for your 6-loop zone, then Zones 4&5 for you other 2 loops. That way you don't need to cram more than one actuator flex into each connector (although getting two cables into each terminal is not too difficult either).
              Sensible Heat
              SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• top brake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Feb 2015

It's an open plan kitchen area (9m x 9m) plus a loop into the utility room. I'd rather avoid multiple zones as I'm nearly maxed on on zones for the evohome controller due to HR92's. Could the 6 actuators be wired into some kind of junction box then into the HCC80R? Seems an odd limitation as other wiring centres must support more than 3 actuators per zone.
                The limitation is a current load one, shown in specs.

Comment

• top brake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post
                  There is nothing stopping you from wiring up the actuators to all 5 zones (or all 8 using the HCS80 expansion card) and then register each to the same Evo Touch zone andnroom sensor. So you could use all connectors from Zones 1-3 on your HCC80R for your 6-loop zone, then Zones 4&5 for you other 2 loops. That way you don't need to cram more than one actuator flex into each connector (although getting two cables into each terminal is not too difficult either).
                  True but that isn't covered in the instructions...

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                    True but that isn't covered in the instructions...
                    True, it's an undocumented "feature", but for manifolds with many actuators but few zones on an HCC80R it's useful all the same.
                    Sensible Heat
                    SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• top brake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Feb 2015

True, it's an undocumented "feature", but for manifolds with many actuators but few zones on an HCC80R it's useful all the same.
                      We will pass on any tech support requests related to this to you, deal?

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Jun 2012

Got a job that the moment where I there are two zones spread across 3 hcc80's..... Binding that, swine in is certainly going to get my step count up for the day.
                        Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• HeathU
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Apr 2014

Is there a way to configure a T87RF2033 Single Zone Thermostat with a max temp. I'm concerned that if the temp set using thermostat can never be reached, the HCC80R will be constantly calling for heat from the boiler.

Comment

• HeathU
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Apr 2014

Is there a way to configure a T87RF2033 Single Zone Thermostat with a max temp. I'm concerned that if the temp set using thermostat can never be reached, the HCC80R will be constantly calling for heat from the boiler.
                            Just read the manual (doh!). The max and min temp can be configured in the menu. Phew! This means I can set different max/min per zone based on our UFH spec.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                              Site Sponsor
                              • Dec 2014

Why wouldn't you just run one cable from one zone out of the HCC80R to a separate IP rated box and connect the multiples of thermal actuators at this point (obviously 3 per zone max)? Why overcomplicate a complex system?

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
                                • Feb 2009

using an external junction box is fine, but if you've got enough spare/unused outputs on the HCC80R then you have the option to use them too and save the need for the junction box.

In most cases it is also possible with care to feed two thermal actuator cables into one cable entry and connect them into the same terminal on the HCC80R zone output. If the thermal actuator cables get shortens then you also need to replace the ferrules to avoid any stray strands from the cables poking out, but it would be good practice to do his anyway when terminating stranded cables.
                                Sensible Heat
                                SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X