X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Just go into the setup for the zone, and you can change the temperature sensor. It'll then ask you to bind the new one.

Comment

• Somebody
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
      Just go into the setup for the zone, and you can change the temperature sensor. It'll then ask you to bind the new one.
      Thanks, Paul. I still haven't got round to add the thermostat yet. Following your instructions, you're saying don't turn on the 340009 thermostat/remove the battery tabs until I reach the change the temperature sensor option in the zone setup? Sorry for the newby question.

TIA

Comment

• Somebody
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Feb 2019

My installer came today for a plumbing job. Got him to bind the 340009 and is now the thermostat/sensor for the dining room.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

I know I am bumping an old thread, but here is why the Center stat works with the Evohome kit. One is from the Center and the other is from the Honeywell DT92E. Challenge anyone to tell me which is which.
          Attached Files

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

The Honeywell Home or Homexpert by Honeywell sensor DT2R or THR842DUK is also exactly the same as the DT92E, under the hood.
            Attached Files

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

One interesting bit of information from Resideo customer services directly.
              According to them, the "Pro", "Center", "Homexpert by Honeywell" and "Honeywell Home" sensors are NOT certified to work with Evohome.
              In reality we know they all work fine, but just wanted to let people know in case you find yourself left without 'support' for its usage.
              They only recommend the use of the DT92/E and the T87RF as room sensors.

Comment

• bbstrikesagain
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Dec 2020

Does anyone know of any compatible temperature sensors that operate reliably, displaying and reporting sensibly, a little below freezing?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by bbstrikesagain View Post
                  Does anyone know of any compatible temperature sensors that operate reliably, displaying and reporting sensibly, a little below freezing?
                  What are you trying to do?

Comment

• kevinsmart
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by bbstrikesagain View Post
                    I use a spare HR91 to monitor temperatures in an outhouse. I’ve added as an electric zone. With no heating I’ve seen -ve temperatures reported this week.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

Hence why I was asking the purpose. Because any of the room sensors should be able to handle negative temperatures that a habitable space might reach. But if you are trying to measure outdoor temperatures then depending where you live the sensor inside the room sensors might not cope.

Comment

• bbstrikesagain
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Dec 2020

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                        What are you trying to do?
                        Contemplating adding sensor in an external detached garage and using a spare BDR for optional electric heating. Just to be able to remotely view and consider whether to heat or not. In very cold periods I'm not sure if it'd be sensible, or affordable, to keep the temperature above 0°C, so I'd like a sensor that works below 0°C too...

I know the HR92 does whacky things when it gets close to 0°C. I put one outside in the cold, with it's base locked on, and as it cooled (in FROST mode below 5°C) it never displayed or reported anything less than 0.5°C. Below that it stayed in FROST mode but the display jumped to a fixed (and obviously false) 2.5°C and stayed like, requesting 15% demand, until I warmed it up above about 6°C when it entered CYCL and ultimately returned to normal behaviour. Reassuringly this happened even with the override turned to 0FF, aligned with what Honeywell say it will do, and for me disproving fears I'd read on here about override OFF defeating FROST protection - it doesn't. So, fair enough for an indoor must-not-freeze application, that should be controlled to a minimum 5°, all good.

But I see Y87RF and DT92E only have operating ranges of 0-40°C.

I have a couple of Y87RF. I tried one outdoors at about -4°C and that was enough for it to stop reporting and display the spanner ("Defective thermostat") icon. Warming it up didn't clear it or restore operation. Once warmed, I had to disconnect and reconnect its batteries for it to restore normal function. I'm guessing the DT92E might also misbehave a bit below 0°C, but I don't have one to test, but if it too locks out until reset that wouldn't be helpful.

This morning my garage was at -2°C. I need to decide if I'm okay with that, if heating towards +5°C would be affordable, sane or excessive, and whether to try this within evohome (which might be nice), or some other way. I guess it's not called evogarage...

Ideally I'd like a compatible sensor that operates properly below 0°, say to at least -5°C, preferably to -10°C.

Comment

• bbstrikesagain
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Dec 2020

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
                          I use a spare HR91 to monitor temperatures in an outhouse. I’ve added as an electric zone. With no heating I’ve seen -ve temperatures reported this week.
                          Interesting, thanks. How far below zero have you seen it go? I hadn't considered using an HR91 as a sensor and have only HR92s in my system.

HR91 and HR92 have a stated normal operating range 0-50°C. Maybe the HR91 plays better than the HR92 below spec.

Presumably the lowest set-point you can program is 5°? Any remote way to set to really OFF, or is that only by manually turning off the heater?
                          Last edited by bbstrikesagain; 15 December 2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• kevinsmart
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Sep 2018

It’s reading -0.5C. I can put one in a freezer if you want me to check how low it goes.

Lowest set-point/off is 5C.

I’m just using HR91s as temperature sensors in my garage, cold store and outhouse to monitor their temperatures. I’m not activating heating in these zones.

Comment

• Stevedh
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Mar 2017

I'm using some zigbee sensors.. could have used wifi/zwave or even some 1-wire sensors. Cheap ones without a display, but can get ones with a display. The temperatures show up properly on the evohome controller, and they are cheap... however was done via Domoticz and a Ramses 868MHz wireless dongle..

Comment

• bbstrikesagain
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Dec 2020

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
                                It’s reading -0.5C. I can put one in a freezer if you want me to check how low it goes.
                                It would be interesting to know how low they go - lower than my HR92 it seems. However, only rated for storage -20..55°C, operation 0..50°C, so I'm not expecting miracles

Comment

Working...
                                X